What's new

2 questions about 'Christine'... (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just watched this horror classic again today, great anamorphic transfer too BTW, and have always wondered about a couple of things...
First of all, the movie opens in Detroit 1957 when 'Christine' is just rolling off the assembly line, and a guy gets his fingers mashed under her hood, then another guy dies inside of her, so what I never understood was, was she possesed right from the get go, and if so how? Is their something in the novel that explains her possesion in greater detail because i'd really like to know.
Secondly, I don't usually want sequels to horror movies because they tend to really suck, but i've always wanted their to be a sequel to this one, I think a really good qualty sequel could be done with this story! They could pick up with Dennis, played once again by John Stockwell, now as an adult who has never really recovered from his run in with Christine and the death of Arnie, and must face the demonic car once again when she comes back or something to that effect. Has anyone ever heard about a possible sequel, most likley not or they would have made it by now, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I'd really love to see one!
------------------
"How can I heal, when I can't feel time?"
Leonard from Memento

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Some cars are just born bad
For example my Pathfinder fuel gauge has been very quirky and my brake light keeps coing on :)
I read the book a long time ago, I don't think it was ever explained, just your run-of-the-mill evil car

Real Name
Michael Shisler
Actually this is one of the major differences between the novel and the film versions of "Christine". In the film "Christine" is evil/bad right off the assembly line, but in the novel, the first owner of "Christine"(a very mean/evil old man) dies and his "spirit" or "evil mojo" inhabit the car. At least that is what I remember. It has beenseveral years since I read it.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
As for a sequel...I always thought what if Christine rebuilt herself and a teenage girl bought her...
Just a thought...
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
It has been a while since I last saw Christine. A John Carpenter DVD boxset has just been released, It contains ;
Christine, Starman and Vampires
I think it is time to purchase this boxset.
Regards,
Ricky.
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hmmm - I'll have to give this one a look. It's been awhile since I read the book or seen the movie. To me it's one of King's smaller works.
Perhaps a good transfer would improve my opinion.
------------------
Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.
MyHTSetup

Matt_Fairwalker

Auditioning
IMO, Christine was one of King's best novels.
But so much detail was left out of the film, it ended up only mediocre. Still watchable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks