What's new

2 Channel amp ??, what would you do??? (1 Viewer)

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
I currently have a Rotel amp that is 150wpc amp, I have an oppertunity to get an "audiophile" quality amp for a great price. I can get if for just over $1000, it retails for almost $2500. I have a connection in the industry that has the connection for me. This amp (I can't mention the brand, b/c I don't want the company to know how I am getting it, they may stop the transaction, but maybe not) has been hyped up to compete with many $5-10,000 amps (believe it or not). The $1000 price is a couple hundred more than I was wanting to spend, but it is still a great deal.

btw, the amp puts out over 200 wpc, and sounds great and LOOKS awesome too!!

I am leaning towards getting it (in other words, I dont have to talk my wife into it, I already have the $$, etc, etc...) but want some help from some of you guys/gals before i spend a lot of $$$ (a lot to me)

btw, I am running B&W CDM7NT speakers, Sony SACD 222es, Technics DVD-Audio-A10, Parasound 1800 pre/pro, SVS sub.

David Judah

Screenwriter
You know what most of us are going to say, Rodney--don't walk, but run to buy it--you can do it!
Of course, then someone is going to come along and tell you that all amps sound the same, so it doesn't matter. :)
Seriously, it's a no-brainer. Get the amp.
DJ

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
DAve, that is the 1 advantage to having the Separates in a different section, now someone with a $200 receiver can't say "they all sound the same"

Miles_W

Second Unit
Rodney,

Denis brings up a good point... you will always be able to turn it around and sell it for at least what you paid... Seems like an easy decision...

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Rodney, after you buy the amp can you at least tell us the make/model and your impressions? Not that I have $2500 to spend or anything, but down the road, a dedicated 2 channel amp for music is going to be an addition to my system, I can see it already. LET US KNOW!!!!

Kevin Deacon

Second Unit
What do you want us to do, give you reassurance that this is the right thing to do? Only you can decide that. Hey Rodney, Just do it. You can always sell it if you decide not to keep it.

Alex F.

Second Unit
If you like the sound quality and won't have any trouble obtaining factory service later, why not?

rodneyH

Supporting Actor
Evan, Yes I will post what it is and how I like it.

No, I wont be selling my 3X150w Rotel, I will use this as to power my center, and surrounds (I was using it to power my mains and center with a 80wpc NAD to power my surrounds), so now I will get more/clean power to my mains AND my surrounds (wow, now I am even more convinced)

Thanks for all your advice, check is going out tomarrow, hope to get it by next week!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks