What's new

2.1 Speakers on a tight budget. (1 Viewer)

JamesAH

Agent
I want to spend around $200 on some 2.1s and I am looking to get the most out of my money. They will be hooked up to my XBox. They can be computer speakers, a set of regular speakers or pieced together (maybe some bookshelf+sub). If I do end up getting computer speakers for this I have a RCA to anaglog adapter.

Also, how should I position them in a small room with a flat ceiling?

Thanks for the help.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

WayneO

Supporting Actor
I haven't heard those mentioned but the Z-560's that have been discontinued can still be found on pricewatch for about $160. It's a 4.1 set, but the power for the money is unbelievable. 53W per satelite and 188W sub. You can just put two on each side or spread them around.

Yousaf

Second Unit
The Klipsch 2.1s are supposed to sound pretty good (as far as computer speakers go) too.

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
Go to the Klipsch site, click on "store", you can get a set of Promedia 4.1 (without a doubt one of the best multi media systems out there) for 129 bucks.

That would be your best choice, o btw, the 2.1's cost 100 bucks.

DaveD'

Stunt Coordinator
Klipsch are the best pc speaker you can buy. I have the promedia 4.1's and they rock. My friend has the 2.1's. I highly suggest getting those if you'll be using it in a smallish room. Or spend alittle more and get the 4.1's(mine were like $150 store display bought 5 months ago). Also, the Monster cable upgrade for them makes a huge difference.

Jon Oliva

Agent
definately go for the Klipsch. I am on my third set of their speakers (Promedia V.200 4.1, then 5.1, now Ultra 5.1) and can say they are the shit :)

JamesAH

Agent
So I should get the Klipsch over the Logitech?

How do I position them in my room?

Does the monster cable kit hook up my speakers to each other or the speakers to the XBox? Can I get the cables anywhere else if I decide to later?

Is the Klipsch 2.1 speakers the best 2.1 deal out there that you know of (not just computer speakers, but all 2.1s).

JamesAH

Agent
Would these:
w()ww.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=90105096&adid=17073&dcaid=17073
and a decent sub be better then the Klipsch? Do most subs have left and right inputs?

Remove the parenthesis from the link.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Who knows, I don't think too many compare PC and regular bookshelfs speakers and then these exact two. You'd have to get em home and compare. I'd lean to the Klipsch and make it simple.

WayneO

Supporting Actor
Yes, but you only need to use one. I would think for a PC setup there will only be one input since it's specifically designed with those speakers and they sometimes use a proprietary connection.

JamesAH

Agent
That's not my question. My question is do most stand-alone sub woofers have analog/RCA in and left and right output for speakers so I can use stereo without a reciever?

Thanks.

Robert Burchell

Auditioning
i have heard both the klipsh and logitec speakers, both are extrodinary speakers. the logitechs however i hind have a more impressive bass.. not by much though, i would take what i could find cheaper, there both top notch computer speakers, klipsh are a little more refined in sound, but logitechs are a tad bassier. good luck though, hope your happy with whatever you pick

JamesAH

Agent
Thank you for your reply.

*cough*

*Jumps up and down*

I have questions here.

*Jumps some more*

Did anyone notice that this is for my XBox so it can be computer or regular speakers?

*jumps even more*

Does anyone think I just might have the intelligence to piece together two sattelites and a sub?

In all seriousness, I do appriciate the help I have gotten, but would appriciate even more if a few people took 5-10 minutes out of their time to answer my questions thoroughly, even more so knowing that the majority of those who have posted here have within their knowledge and time to do so but instead patronize me because I am a n00b in this field.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.