What's new

1993 Disney DVD version of The Three Musketeers looks muddy and grainy in some parts. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
When I watched this last night, in some parts it looked muddy and/or grainy on my setup. Overall it looked pretty good, though. Could it be because it's not anamorphic that it looks this way? I don't have a progressive scan DVD player, or HD widescreen TV though, so that's why I ask. So has anyone else noticed this with this particular DVD?

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I thinks its a laser disc re-hash. Back in the days of Disney being referred to as the Mou$e.

The movie is great cheesey entertainment.

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Julie Delpy
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I rented this one once and the transfer didn't blow me away, but be thankful it's even an LD rehash...if it were released today, I wouldn't be surprised to get it P&S only.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'm definitely glad it's as good as it is. And yes, I'm sure Disney would release in in pan and scan if they released it now. At least it's not a real old DVD release, where it would look worse than it does.

Veli-Matti Reitti

Stunt Coordinator
The transfer is rather poor. It contains quite a lot of grain that is very noticeable. They definitely should redo this title but i don't think that will happen any time soon. I know most people hate this version but i think it's great although i must admit it is indeed very cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks