1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

1993 Disney DVD version of The Three Musketeers looks muddy and grainy in some parts.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Sep 30, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

When I watched this last night, in some parts it looked muddy and/or grainy on my setup. Overall it looked pretty good, though. Could it be because it's not anamorphic that it looks this way? I don't have a progressive scan DVD player, or HD widescreen TV though, so that's why I ask. So has anyone else noticed this with this particular DVD?

2. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    I thinks its a laser disc re-hash. Back in the days of Disney being referred to as the Mou$e.

The movie is great cheesey entertainment.

3. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

Julie Delpy [​IMG]

4. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I rented this one once and the transfer didn't blow me away, but be thankful it's even an LD rehash...if it were released today, I wouldn't be surprised to get it P&S only.

5. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I'm definitely glad it's as good as it is. And yes, I'm sure Disney would release in in pan and scan if they released it now. At least it's not a real old DVD release, where it would look worse than it does.

6. Veli-Matti Reitti

Veli-Matti Reitti Stunt Coordinator

The transfer is rather poor. It contains quite a lot of grain that is very noticeable. They definitely should redo this title but i don't think that will happen any time soon. I know most people hate this version but i think it's great although i must admit it is indeed very cheesy.