What's new

1966 Batman DVD Coming! See Post 649 (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I grew up with Batman in syndication as such I will take anything old that relates to Batman. I have zero interest in the dark side batman created in the late 1980s as such the only Batman to me is Adam West!! I respect other actors that have played Batman, but they are not Adam West!!

I am also looking forward to seeing Milton Berle or Vincent Price or Roddy McDowell or other guest stars.

It is too bad they did not add the rubber action figures of Batman and Robin. I had the rubber action figure as they went well with my hall of justice table. I also had the batboat as well. It is too bad I did not keep them as they would have been worth something today!!

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
Well, if this is what it is...then this is what it is.

This Blu-ray Disc collection and that of The Sopranos heads my TV XMAS Wish List for 2014.

Under five months remain for shopping. I am ready and prepared for whatever comes!!!! :cool:

And away we a-Go-Go!!!!!! :wave-hello:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I thought I had a Matchbox Batmobile. But I guess I didn't. I still have all my Matchbox cars, too! :blush:
And all of their original boxes! But no Batmobile.

In fact, I can't find any mention (or picture) of a Batmobile in any of the Matchbox Catalogs that were issued at the time:

gallery_286742_34_125923.jpg

But then I found what I had remembered. It's a Husky Batmobile (made in Great Britain like Matchbox, but a different company).

gallery_286742_34_127784.jpg

gallery_286742_34_14220.jpg

gallery_286742_34_50093.jpg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
younger1968 said:
I also had the batboat as well. It is too bad I did not keep them as they would have been worth something today!!
And that was tonight's surprise.

All my Matchbox (and Husky) cars are in complete "played with" condition (although I do have the cardboard boxes which are also in great condition). But then there was this item also stuffed in the box of cars:

Still in its original packaging (must like Stinky Pete!):

gallery_286742_34_3677.jpg

gallery_286742_34_111519.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It is a momentous day: I just noticed that Batman (and the Wonder Years) are no longer listed in TVShowsonDVD's list of Most Requested Unreleased Shows. For someone like me who has been reading that page for the last 12-13 years, it will never be the same!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sam Favate said:
It is a momentous day: I just noticed that Batman (and the Wonder Years) are no longer listed in TVShowsonDVD's list of Most Requested Unreleased Shows. For someone like me who has been reading that page for the last 12-13 years, it will never be the same!
"Now and Again" (not to be confused with "Once and Again") came out of that top ten list at the exact same time as those did, when we added "complete series" release listings for all three of these shows. I think that was the biggest change in the list at once time, ever. The next-closest big change to that last was probably a decade ago, in November 2004, when Season 1 sets of both Charmed and MacGyver (the #1 and #2 shows on the list at the time) where both announced, which would have whisked them off the top of the list. Ah, memories. :D

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
David Lambert said:
"Now and Again" (not to be confused with "Once and Again") came out of that top ten list at the exact same time as those did, when we added "complete series" release listings for all three of these shows. I think that was the biggest change in the list at once time, ever. The next-closest big change to that last was probably a decade ago, in November 2004, when Season 1 sets of both Charmed and MacGyver (the #1 and #2 shows on the list at the time) where both announced, which would have whisked them off the top of the list. Ah, memories. :D
I just now checked to see which shows are the new "most requested". Some very odd ones there! Is Salute Your Shorts really the top-voted unreleased show now? I know TVShowsOnDVD doesn't count foreign releases, but at least the current #3 "unreleased" show, Two Guys and a Girl (all four seasons) got released in Region 2.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I am upset that the dvd set does not have the extra features. I think both sets should be identifical in terms of the offering!!

I am still hoping that Green Hornet will be released as there is episode of Batman that had Green Hornet in the episode.

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
younger1968 said:
I am upset that the dvd set does not have the extra features. I think both sets should be identifical in terms of the offering!!

I am still hoping that Green Hornet will be released as there is episode of Batman that had Green Hornet in the episode.
The two part episode wtih the Batman/Green Hornet crossover is on the set: A PIECE OF THE ACTION and BATMAN'S SATISFACTION are in the 2nd season.

The Complete Series DVD set has all the same bonus features that are included in the Bluray.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
For years I've heard the reason that Julie Newmar didn't do the movie was because of a prior commitment for another film. Check out this mention in Variety.

Julie.JPG

I've checked her schedule for that period in May/June 1966 and she also pulled out of a film called "Don't Make Waves" with Tony Curtis which began filming on July 6.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
She began filming in Oregon for MacKenna's Gold on May 16, 1967 and filming of the third season commenced on July 5, 1967.Eartha Kitt was announced for the show on June 14, 1967.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
There was a salary dispute. The guest villains received a flat $1250 per half-hour segment in the first two seasons, but Gorshin insisted on double that price to appear again. The producers would not make the exception, and so he did not return. (The guest villains got a little more money in the third season, and it was apparently enough to lure Gorshin back, at least for one show.)

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor
FanCollector said:
There was a salary dispute. The guest villains received a flat $1250 per half-hour segment in the first two seasons, but Gorshin insisted on double that price to appear again. The producers would not make the exception, and so he did not return. (The guest villains got a little more money in the third season, and it was apparently enough to lure Gorshin back, at least for one show.)
I thought that might be the case. I don't blame him for wanting more money; he did get an Emmy nomination for his performances as the Riddler.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
He was wonderful. I don't think he was wrong to ask for more; just that the show was only able to afford all the big-name guest stars by maintaining the strict salary cap for everyone. If they had paid him more and anyone found out, it would have overturned their entire budget structure. It was one thing when everyone made the same salary, but Burgess Meredith and Vincent Price, for example, weren't going to accept making less money than Frank Gorshin because that would have consequences for them in other jobs.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
John Astin, I think was good Riddler, his take the role was very Gomez Addams in some parts. If I was in charge of ABC and after I saw John's Riddler and Carolyn Jones as Marsha Queen of Diamonds, I would of brought back The Addams Family from cancellation. Carolyn as Marsha was perfect as a villian, Marsha could of been Morticia and Ophelia's cousin and the late great Estelle Winwood as her Aunt Hilda could of easily been a relative of the Addams clan.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
darkrock17 said:
John Astin, I think was good Riddler, his take the role was very Gomez Addams in some parts. If I was in charge of ABC and after I saw John's Riddler and Carolyn Jones as Marsha Queen of Diamonds, I would of brought back The Addams Family from cancellation. Carolyn as Marsha was perfect as a villian, Marsha could of been Morticia and Ophelia's cousin and the late great Estelle Winwood as her Aunt Hilda could of easily been a relative of the Addams clan.
My favorite cliffhanger ending is when Marsha is about to rope Batman into marrying her. I think the words on the screen are something like, "Batman: Misses or Mrs.?"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks