What's new

12 days of Christmas (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Ok. There used to be a song (using this term lightly) that played on the radio every Christmas around here. I figure it was probably a national thing that many radio stations played.

It was a version of The 12 Days of Christmas. It is a comedy spoof on the song. The only day I currently remember is a line "One goes out and they all go out" referring to a string of lights of course. It was a man's voice for this line and he was yelling loudly. Anyway, there were 12 humorous lines for all 12 days, with differnt people and different Christmas related "problems."

Each time they went through the days the lines changed a bit where they were getting more frustrated and almost swearing.

Does anyone have an idea of what this was called or where I could find it? Maybe it is a part of a Christmas CD collection.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
"The Twelve Pains of Christmas" by the Bob Rivers Comedy Corp.

They have about 5-6 Christmas albums all in the same parody style. You should be able to find them almost anywhere that has a good Christmas music selection. "12 Pains..." is on their first album, "Twisted Christmas".

CRyan

Screenwriter
Wow. Thanks for the quick response. That is mosst likely it. I will have to go to the store tomorrow to pick it up. Those that are interested should give this a listen as it is fairly funny.

Since we are here anyone have any recomendations for songs in a similar vein?

Thanks again!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Theres always Bob and Doug MacKensie's version:

"On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A Beer."

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Also Joe Dolce's version of that song: "and a bowl full of parmesan cheese."

There are also a few compilation albums by Dr Demento, one of which includes the Bob Rivers version.

But definitely get all of Bob Rivers's Christmas CDs. Some other songs of his include "Police Stop My Car" (Feliz Navidad), "Didn't I Get This Last Year?" (Do You Hear What I Hear), The Chipmunk Song, and "Osama Got Run Over by a Reindeer".

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

They also do "The Restroom Door Said 'Gentlemen'" which is played on Christmas-time radio pretty regularly, too. :laugh:

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
the one i always vaguely remember from (i think) kroq had something to do with listing all the stuff, but they always ended it with "and a body, dead, wrapped in plastic."

iirc, it was a rather morbid rendition. :)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
My favourite 'jokey' rendition of 'The Twelve Days of Christmas' was performed by impressionist Rich Little.

The last time I heard it was on the radio in the eighties or nineties; I don’t know if I’d still find it funny today. He used a different impression for each 'day'. For one, he did his John Wayne impression proclaiming that his true love gave him 'Three G.I. Joes' on that day (or some other day). I don't remember anything else except that it made me and my friends laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks