What's new

119 satellite drop out (1 Viewer)

Miles M

Agent
Wonder if anyone may have any ideas. I recently moved to a larger house, taking my DIRECTV ellipical dish with me. I installed it at the new house and now I am getting the 119 satellite 'dropping out'(while watching HDNet). If I change channels then go back to it, I can watch for a few seconds/minutes then it drops out again.

I am using the Mitsubishi STB which also gets over the air HD. I have tried tweaking this dish constantly, but can't get over a ~55-60 signal strength on the 119 bird(the 101 is strong at ~85-90). The only thing I can think of is the distance running from outside to my receiver is ~100 feet. Is this too long? Also, I am using the multiswitch which came with this unit(power supplied by coax power, it doesn't need to plug into the wall). Is the Mits. output too weak to power this multiswitch? Appreciate any help you may offer.

Jesse Leonard

Second Unit
Your cable run isn't too long. It probably isn't your multiswitch if you can get the 101's. More than likely the problem lies with your dish setup. Almost all signal issues are caused by improper dish alignment (especially the eliptical dishes). Make sure your dish mounting pole is EXACTLY plume! This step alone will save many headaches.
I'm sure you are tired of playing with the dish alignment, but this is what is giving you your problems. Just take a deep breath and then go f*ck with that b*ast*rd again!
:D

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
I agree, your cable run is definitely not too long. I run about 175ft with no problems.

You might want to check the F-connectors at the LNB, switch, and receiver. A loose connector or bad shield can cause dropouts. If you're absolutely sure that you've peaked your dish and still can't improve it, replace any F-connectors that you have even the slightest question about.

It's also possible for a switch to go bad, but that's low on the list.

-Scott

Scott Gilbert

Stunt Coordinator
I also have the mits HDTV sat box. I was getting horrible reception on the 119 because of trees. I now have one regular duel line dish hitting the 101 sat and another about 10 ‘ away hitting the 119 they then feed into the multiswitch that came with the mits receiver. For me it worked like a champ and I am now getting in the upper 80s on the 119 dish and high 90s on the 101.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.