What's new

10 year anniversary re-releases of 1999 flicks (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
For a variety of reasons, I have been MIA from movie world for about a year now. But I happened upon the local theater listings today and saw that I just missed the theatrical run of Toy Story 1 & 2 double feature in my area (today was the last day).

I would have made my way to the theater for TS2, so I am really pissed I missed it. Now, it's clearly a promotional thing for the upcoming TS3, but maybe it is also a 10 year anniversary re-release for TS2, in which case I wonder if there were others. I love a ridiculous number of 1999 flicks, and would have gone to see them if they showed up again on the big screen.

So, have I missed any other re-releases of 1999 flicks this year? Are there more coming?

It's gonna be the busy season soon at the theaters and I doubt they will have screens to spare for 10 year old flicks but ya never know.

--
H

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I think you were right in thinking the double-feature releases of these films was for a tie-in for it's third film in the summer of 2010. Re-releases are getting rare rare rare. In some markets the feature got expanded past the two weeks just like "This is It" was as well because it's selling so well. Sorry to hear you missed it, (I saw them each opening day) -
We should make a thread of re-releases and potential ones we need!
Oh, do you have a discounted or art house theatre in your area that might take suggestions as to which films it can show? Some 6 or 7 years ago, a local first-run theatre turned second-run tried to gain an audience with a Classic Saturday theme with "Wizard of Oz" and "Casablanca." Maybe suggest that and it's a sure bet Toy Story is considered classic.

Ryan

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Hmmm... TS3 is next summer? Why did I think it was this Thanksgiving? That skews the reason for the re-releases a bit, away from "TS3 promotion" and toward "10 year anniversary". :)

--
H

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
No, the Toy Story films being re-released had nothing to do with the 10th anniversary of the second film. It was only ever meant as a lead-up to the third film. The initial plan was to release the first film this fall, and the second film in the spring. But the number of 3D films next year precipitated that they nix the spring release and combine them both for this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks