What's new

1 vs. 100 (1 Viewer)

Tarkin The Ewok

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brandon
I watched the U.S. premiere of the show last night, and it looks to be one of the best new game shows in a long time. It retains some of the better elements from Millionaire and Deal or No Deal, but it also adds its own spin. Bob Saget had some killer comedy, and Ken Jennings was a nice draw, even though he didn't get to say much this time around.

The only downer is the timeslot. Friday nights are not exactly ideal, but it's definitely worth time-shifting if you can't catch it when it airs.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I really enjoyed it. It's much better than Deal or No Deal in the fact that there is a bit more skill involved. 1 vs. 100 makes it almost crazy easy to for a reasonably intelligent person well-versed in pop culture to make their way to the top fairly easy.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I also liked the first episode. Hopefully the Friday time slot doesn't doom this show.

Roger_S

Stunt Coordinator
I heard it won it's timeslot though I didn't hear exactly how big the numbers are. If it does will and if they don't overexpose it too much, perhaps it'll be around awhile. I like it and I'll be watching.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Right now, the show is only scheduled for 5 weeks - Fridays at 8pm for the next 4 weeks. If ratings are good (and based on last night, they could be) they'll probably order more episodes and, possibly, move it to a different day (hopefully taking one of DOND's slots on the schedule).

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
The ratings were 7.8/13, which is very, very good for Friday night. Next week the show moves into the slot Deal or No Deal has been occupying at 8/7c on Fridays (Las Vegas is returning and claiming the 9/8c slot). All those that watch Men in Trees can sigh in relief.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
I caught it about half way in, and wondered who were the idiots in The Mob?! Some of those questions were WAY too easy and I kept saying to myself: No one will miss that one...and easily 7 did. But even though I thought it was a good show, I won't watch again unless they change the schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks