What's new

$1,000-1500 Budget for 2 Speaker System (1 Viewer)

Brian_Br

Auditioning
Hi, I have always wanted a decent sound system, and finally have the opportunity to buy one for my apartment. I have set aside about $1000-1500 for the entire system. I figure that would cover 2 speakers, a reciever/amp, cd player and cables. What would you recommend in terms of equipment for this setup for everyday music listening (most genres) in a small room?

I went to an audio store and listened to several speakers (saphire, mirage, totem, b/w, and paradigm). Being very new to this field, I was hoping to get some opinions.

Thanks for the help.

Brian

Peter P

Auditioning
I am a novice, so I will refer you to the articles I read, since I can't verify anything. I want a HT and have been reading Home Theater Mag. In the 5/04 edition, they have 5 different HT configurations, each for under $5000, including the TV. One of them includes the Cambridge SoundWorks HTIB, which gives you a lot for $1150. It is the MegaTheater 530 HTIB. It includes a lot more than you ashed for with your budget, and I don't think if it wasn't serious sound that it would be in that magazine. The same magazine has a recommendation for the Pioneer HTZ-9400V HTIB wihch includes a universal disc player for $1400.

If anyone reading this has an opinion on either of these systems, please let me know, since I may buy one. I know HTIB doesn't appeal to hard core audiophiles, but I want something simple that sounds good and is matched.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks