What's new

International RYAN'S DAUGHTER on BLU! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Jetlagged and walking into El Corte Ingles in Madrid, I could not believe my eyes...There was one of my holy grail films to be on Blu Ray!!

Hopefully it is a harbinger of a US release soon!!!

I will watch the disc upon my return in New York tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_6263.jpg
    IMG_6263.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_6265.jpg
    IMG_6265.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 209

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
You're a brave man! Or should that be headstrong? Didn't you recently take a big hit on a Spanish Blu-ray disc of High Society? :) Please give us your report as soon as possible.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Weird that a legit Blu wouldn't have MGM or Warner logos, plus only lossy sound. I wonder if it's an illegitimate rip from Warner's Instant Archive HD streaming version, which was Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.20 aspect ratio.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Watching the film now. It looks great...yes similar to the HDX VUDU streaming version I purchased last year.

Bought 2 copies...12 euros each......that $13. Worth the purchase for me.

Where HIGH SOCIETY and HOW TO STEAL A MILLION were travesties........RYAN's DAUGHTER is not.

WB step up to the plate and show me a Blu Ray that is better.

Took a photo with my IPhone 6 of the Blu on my 60" screen. The brownish color to the right is the reflection of an overhead light that was on....There is not a blemish in the actual Blu.

Attachments

• IMG_6281.jpg
    IMG_6281.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_6282 (1).jpg
    IMG_6282 (1).jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 149

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I am glad Mr Harris clarified that....but , nevertheless, as I fear RD will never be given a Blu Ray release....I am glad I have it and it was nevertheless wonderful to watch again.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I haven't bought a Warner Archive Blu-Ray yet that I didn't think was really excellent, but I'm a fan and collector. Warner Archive has been issuing really excellent Blu-Rays slowly and idiosyncratically. If they're only going to put out really excellent Blu-Rays one or two at a time seemingly at random, why not make that a plus by selecting titles guaranteed to impress, and making a huge fuss about each really excellent one of them? The quality of the picture and sound on these Blu-Rays is never at question, but they'll be issuing a really excellent "Thank Your Lucky Stars" Blu-Ray without fanfare when they could be knocking everybody out by issuing a really excellent "Ryan's Daughter" Blu-Ray (or "Around The World In 80 Days", or "Local Hero", or name your favourite gorgeous Warner Bros. movie not on Blu-Ray) and crowing "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO!" about it.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
davidmatychuk said:
I haven't bought a Warner Archive Blu-Ray yet that I didn't think was really excellent, but I'm a fan and collector. Warner Archive has been issuing really excellent Blu-Rays slowly and idiosyncratically. If they're only going to put out really excellent Blu-Rays one or two at a time seemingly at random, why not make that a plus by selecting titles guaranteed to impress, and making a huge fuss about each really excellent one of them? The quality of the picture and sound on these Blu-Rays is never at question, but they'll be issuing a really excellent "Thank Your Lucky Stars" Blu-Ray without fanfare when they could be knocking everybody out by issuing a really excellent "Ryan's Daughter" Blu-Ray (or "Around The World In 80 Days", or "Local Hero", or name your favourite gorgeous Warner Bros. movie not on Blu-Ray) and crowing "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO!" about it.
Bring on RYANS DAUGHTER---LOCAL HERO---GOODBYE MR CHIPS ---PENNIES FROM HEAVEN---THE GOODBYE GIRL.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Just finished watching the bluray All I can say is WOW! There is no doubt in my mind that this was from 70MM elements..

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Well, this is an awful thing to say, I know, but if this is the ONLY way to get our "holy grails" on a BD disc, I'd probably go for it. Obviously, one cannot burn a BD-R from these VUDU "purchases", which is sad for those of us who want a physical disc rather than something on a hard drive. Speaking of holy grails, VUDU also has HD versions of mine, including The Story of Ruth, Auntie Mame, Julius Caesar (53), Freaks and Lady in a Cage (where's Olive on this one). Some good stuff that it seems we'll never see in official blu-ray form.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks