Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Things You Just Don't Understand, Part 2?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#1 of 82 Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 09:10 AM

OK, in the previous "Things You Just Don't Understand" thread I crossed into a political area that is forbidden on the HTF. Sorry. I attempted to go back in an edit out my comments but it was too late. The thread was already closed! (That was quick!) I still don't understand it but should have kept it to myself and not gone there here.

But I would still like to hear from others on Things You Just Don't Understand (of a non-political nature, of course). Can we try it again? I'll let someone else start it off.

#2 of 82 Denward

Denward

Supporting Actor

• 556 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 09:17 AM

Just to keep things lighter than my last post in your other thread...
*Why people don't use turn signals. Some would rather communicate their intention to change lanes by drifting over and hope you get out of the way.
*Why do you park on a driveway, but drive on a parkway.
~Eschew obfuscation~

#3 of 82 Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor

• 982 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 09:33 AM

What was the best thing BEFORE slice bread???

#4 of 82 Anthony_D

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 163 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 09:36 AM

unsliced bread???
He's dead now. He was a thief...and a terrorist. But on the other hand, he had a tremendous singing voice.

#5 of 82 Richard Cooper

Richard Cooper

Stunt Coordinator

• 133 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 09:37 AM

Quote:
*Why people don't use turn signals. Some would rather communicate their intention to change lanes by drifting over and hope you get out of the way.

Because they assume we're all psychic? The number of times I've been tempted to press the accelerator and not teh brak when someoen changes lane right in front of me...

#6 of 82 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Executive Producer

• 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted January 01 2002 - 10:16 AM

Joe and Jane Sixpacks undying devotion to that ridiculous, and outdated bastardization of film known as pan n scan!?!?Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#7 of 82 Darren H

Darren H

Second Unit

• 449 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 10:17 AM

Kid Rock.
[ long pauses ]

#8 of 82 BertFalasco

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor

• 850 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 10:23 AM

Why must trilogies be killed (ie: Jurassic Park [III!!!])Posted Image

#9 of 82 Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark

Screenwriter

• 2,181 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 10:31 AM

People who get annoyed when someone uses a cell phone on a bus or in a restaurant, which are both completely normal places to hold a conversation. If you were talking to your friend sitting next to you, nobody would care.

Speaking of people on the bus.... those who for whatever reason feel the need to change their seat 3 times, even if the bus is practically empty, and people who put their hand up on the cord and then wait for the perfect moment to pull it, like it actually make any difference.

#10 of 82 Kurt B

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 10:39 AM

Things I don't understand:

1. Why the person in front of me on a flight (coach seating) MUST put their seat back as far as it goes. I'm 6'4" and there is little room there to begin with. Tis usually a child doing this it seems.

2. Why the building is called an apartment when they are together Posted Image

~Kurt

#11 of 82 McPaul

McPaul

Screenwriter

• 1,563 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 11:14 AM

of course back then, they just called it bread.

#12 of 82 Paul_D

Paul_D

Screenwriter

• 2,056 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 11:16 AM

Why until the 20th century - i.e. for most of human history, did battles consist of outright slaughter - e.g. the "gentlemanly" battles of the war of indpendence in which each side first took turns at blowing the shit out of those in front! If I was there I would have at least lied down to fire, and dodged the incoming shots! Sheer stupidity on the part of generals and soldiers alike!

And not to sound pedantic, but I think the apart in apartment signifies that although it is all one building, the residents are living apart from each other!Posted Image
[c][/c]
[c]"Where did you take, this girl Jerry?"[/c]

#13 of 82 PatrickM

PatrickM

Screenwriter

• 1,140 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
Kid Rock.

And why Pam Anderson likes Kid Rock ( or Tommy Lee for that matter).

#14 of 82 Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel

Screenwriter

• 2,284 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 11:41 AM

And how the hell did Kid Rock get Pam Anderson!?! We've all seen his pics from the early 90s when he looked like Vanilla Ice!

And why hasn't Rini Bell became a household name yet? She's a hottie and was good in Bring It On. Posted Image

#15 of 82 Brian Bunn

Brian Bunn

Second Unit

• 266 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 11:41 AM

Why "musical" acts like 'N SYNC, Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. are so popular. Yeah, there is a place for that kind of stuff, but they are making tons of $$$ on very little talent. The talent to cash ratio there is just way out of whack.

#16 of 82 Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke

Screenwriter

• 2,249 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 01:03 PM

Why did anyone settle in northern climates? Did they not realize that there was southern climates that had beaches, tropical breezes and sun most days of the year?

Bruce
The Mads are calling

#17 of 82 SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 01:48 PM

I'll never understand how certain people can put so much stock in astrology, mediums, psychics, etc. Complete rubbish!

#18 of 82 Mark Kalzer

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit

• 443 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 02:24 PM

Why did Chapters Bookstore always play those altered "modernized" Christmas Carols, which just rapidly repeat the melody, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!!!! It drove me nuts, and eventually, I just felt like leaving the store without anything.

Why is it that on all new digital channels they continue to place those annoying "bugs" on the screen, when these channels can only be seen by using digital technology, all of which with the push of a button, tell you exactly what station you're watching?
- Mark Kalzer

#19 of 82 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Executive Producer

• 11,286 posts

Posted January 01 2002 - 02:29 PM

Quote:
Why did anyone settle in northern climates? Did they not realize that there was southern climates that had beaches, tropical breezes and sun most days of the year?

On the flipside, why do people settle where it gets to be 100 degrees in the shade? Areas that like should be declared uninhabitable? 60 degrees and cloudy, that's what I want

#20 of 82 Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor

• 8,301 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 01 2002 - 03:23 PM

Quote:
(or Tommy Lee for that matter)

Obviously you've never seen the honeymoon video, or this would not puzzle you. Let's just say that one of his nicknames is "A Man Called Horse" - and not because he joined a tribe somewhere. Posted Image

Regards,

Joe

Back to Archived Threads 2001-2004

Forum Nav Content I Follow