• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

#21 of 319 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,965 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 07:17 AM

it is the gold box deal of the day

is this a sign that something better is coming ?

• Radioman970 likes this

#22 of 319 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,801 posts
  • LocationCould be anywhere

Posted August 13 2013 - 01:37 PM

I made a very small comment on one of the reviews today after seeing that.  waaaaait....waaaait...  well, basically.  :P 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#23 of 319 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,965 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 03:28 PM

i think when you combine this tidbit with what neil stated - it lends that much more credence to a new product in the making.

#24 of 319 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,801 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 08:55 AM

I hope they include the original pilot movie.  I have the Goodtimes Video version.  I'd meant to "upgrade" to the newer one, but glad I didn't. 

Silly Party Candidate: Tarquin Fin- tim- lim- bim- whin- bim- lim- bus- stop- F'tang- F'tang- Olè- Biscuitbarrel

#25 of 319 OFFLINE   jimmyjet

jimmyjet

Screenwriter

• 1,965 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 08:58 PM

i cant imagine why they wouldnt !!

that is an important part of the introduction to the characters, story, etc.

one thing about blu-ray releases, which i have stated before - most of the things get fixed from the various dvd releases.

• Radioman970 and moviebuff75 like this

#26 of 319 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,801 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 02:52 AM

I was disappointed the current single season 1 didn't include that pilot movie.  I also think it does a great job intro'ing the folks on the show.  I really like the ruggedness of that pilot.  They had several episodes follow that were like that and it was probably the show at its best. 

Edited by Radioman970, August 16 2013 - 02:53 AM.

• moviebuff75 likes this

#27 of 319 OFFLINE   moviebuff75

moviebuff75

Supporting Actor

• 513 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted August 16 2013 - 08:14 AM

The pilot movie is the best part of the entire series. It was so expertly done for a television movie. Really epic.

• Radioman970 likes this

Proud HTF Member Since: April, 2001

#28 of 319 OFFLINE   Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted August 16 2013 - 10:31 AM

I really hope they can do this one correctly.  I bought the entire series on DVD (including the pilot movie and the "after series" movies) and the quality is all over the place.  Some episodes look fine, but others are sped-up and some look like they were edited with a dull hatchet!  If they re-do it with the same care as the Bonanza sets, then I'm all in for a double-dip!

• Radioman970 likes this

#29 of 319 OFFLINE   WadeM

WadeM

Supporting Actor

• 894 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 05:58 AM

Not sure what exactly is being planned but I do know that it took a while for the original elements to be located and that they finally were and the plans are proceeding for a new, uncut release.

Looks like it's finally coming out in March:  http://www.walmart.c...lu-ray/33658317

• Ockeghem and benbess like this

#30 of 319 OFFLINE   benbess

benbess

Screenwriter

• 1,833 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 06:26 AM

Good news. I always liked this show as a kid, and I'm loving the price point! Plus the fact that they seem to have gone back to the "original elements" seems a huge plus. 

#31 of 319 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,301 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 06:38 AM

Watching some of the discs from season seven is painful.  And unfortunately, a couple of them don't work at all, which is not too surprising given the reviews I have read pertaining to this season.  I will probably purchase this uncut release for one of my daughters.

#32 of 319 OFFLINE   benbess

benbess

Screenwriter

• 1,833 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 06:47 AM

Ockeghem: "Painful" in what way? The content or the pq?

#33 of 319 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,566 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:04 AM

If these are truly remastered and uncut I might be tempted to finally get a cheapy Blu-ray player.  :)

Gary "I'll wait and see what the reviews are before making a final decision - but it sounds promising" O.

P.S.  Just did a check on the running time of the original Lionsgate dvd release of S1 (which we know did use cut prints) and the running time is exactly the same as the one listed at Walmart.com for this upcoming Blu release.  That gives me pause.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#34 of 319 OFFLINE   smithbrad

smithbrad

Supporting Actor

• 517 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:09 AM

Good news. I always liked this show as a kid, and I'm loving the price point! Plus the fact that they seem to have gone back to the "original elements" seems a huge plus. 

Where does it say they went back to the original elements? That price scares me a bit because it seems too cheap to cover any real work being done. I hope this isn't just an upconvert of what we already have. This title deserves a proper release in HD.

Edit: It's not in the Walmart listing, but I see now Neil mentioned it earlier in the thread. The price point still scares me a bit, as if Liongate might have taken short-cuts. Hope it meets expectations. I'm currently rewatching season 2 with one of my daughters before bed right now.

#35 of 319 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,566 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:11 AM

Where does it say they went back to the original elements? That price scares me a bit because it seems too cheap to cover any real work being done. I hope this isn't just an upconvert of what we already have. This title deserves a proper release in HD.

Yep.  I think I got my hopes up too quickly.  After looking at the running times, and considering the price, I've got to think this isn't what we were hoping for.  Looks like my BR player purchase is still on hold.  LOL

Gary "too bad" O.

"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#36 of 319 OFFLINE   smithbrad

smithbrad

Supporting Actor

• 517 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:27 AM

Based on other Blu-ray releases I would have expected something more like at least $60 retail and maybe a sale price of $45 at best, but not $20. Maybe they located the original elements but just did a basic transfer to HD without any cleanup work. If they did go all out I would have expected more fanfare about the release than just a Walmart exclusive. Tough to get a read on this one.

Edit: Maybe a pricing error. It's not like Walmart hasn't had those in the past.

#37 of 319 OFFLINE   Radioman970

Radioman970

Producer

• 5,801 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:36 AM

Will it be depressingly sad, or a laid back stop at the fishing hole after school?  You can never tell with Little House!  Or the episode releases. 

Late March dudes!  Need some lucky bastard with a early copy!

... added it to my cart and clicked through as if to buy so I could check shipping, it gave me an age check.  :blink:   this is getting weirder and weirder... 

#38 of 319 OFFLINE   Ockeghem

Ockeghem

Ockeghem

• 9,301 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 07:58 AM

Ockeghem: "Painful" in what way? The content or the pq?

Benbess,

Both.  Some of the episodes look like they're straight from VHS copies, and some discs freeze and pixilate.  I tried disc one of season seven on three players, including my son's PS3 which reads almost anything.  The reviews I read of this season (picture quality and disc-wise) in particular were quite negative.

#39 of 319 OFFLINE   smithbrad

smithbrad

Supporting Actor

• 517 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 08:13 AM

Will it be depressingly sad, or a laid back stop at the fishing hole after school?  You can never tell with Little House!  Or the episode releases. 

Late March dudes!  Need some lucky bastard with a early copy!

... added it to my cart and clicked through as if to buy so I could check shipping, it gave me an age check.  :blink:   this is getting weirder and weirder... 

That's Walmart. I believe anything that is unrated automatically gets that age check dialog. Shipping is free.

#40 of 319 OFFLINE   Mr. Handley

Mr. Handley

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted January 02 2014 - 01:01 PM

I'm going to be holding-off on this one until I see some reviews.  If these are truly the uncut, unsped-up episodes then I'm all in, otherwise why bother?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users