What's new

Help!! (1 Viewer)

Ashley OBrien

Auditioning
Real Name
ashley
I purchased a Samsung home entertainment system today.. HT-E5500W. I hooked it up through an HDMI cable to my Samsung TV (UN60EH6000). I am able to get sound through the blu-ray but when I try and get it to work with Fios, nothing. Any suggestions?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You bought a HTiB with two HDMI inputs. Use them. I assume your FIOS has HDMI, connect it to the HTiB and let it send video to the TV .

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
HTiB is Home Theater in a Box. It has 2 HDMI inputs. Use one for your FiOS box.

Ashley OBrien

Auditioning
Real Name
ashley
Thank you. My fios is plugged into my tv's hdmi already. There is only one input on the box. Called Samsung. My tv is not ARC the guy told me. I need to buy an optical audio output I think

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Or, do the SIMPLE THING and unhook your FiOS from the TV and connect it to the HTiB. No extra cable necessary. You are the one that wants the sound from the FiOS to come from the HTiB.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Incase you come back and actually use the advice you found a forum to get... Do one of these... 1. The simple thing and use the HDMI you already have and connect the FiOS directly to the HTiB. 2. Ignore that and buy a toslink(Ebay has them for very little...I'll even link one). Connect the toslink from the FiOS to the HTiB. Whatever you do, please do not, for the love of God, connect your TV to the HTiB with the toslink. The entire reason you bought the HTiB will be COMPLETELY RUINED and you might as well unhook the entire thing and return it...cause you would be wasting it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-3-6-12-25-50FT-Toslink-Digital-Optical-Audio-Cable-Wire-S-PDIF-DTS-DOLBY-/261153342722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3ccdf3c502 I linked that one so you can choose the length you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks