What's new

HELP!!! Marantz 7011 not working with new Apple tv 4K (1 Viewer)

htmike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi everyone, I haven't posted anything in a while. I' m really hoping you guys can help me out here.
I have a Marantz sr7011, Great receiver. An older Appl tv connected and a ps-4. I just purchaed a new Apple tv 4K and I can't get a picture at all. I'ts like the two units are not compatible at all.
Has anyone experienced this?

PLEASE HELP

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Are you using certified high speed cables capable of supporting 4K video, both from the AVR to the display and to the Apple TV 4K? Amazon sells affordable cables from Monoprice -- just search for "Monoprice certified high speed HDMI cable". Another thing to check is whether the Marantz AVR has some setting that needs to be enabled to pass 4K video (my Denon has such a setting, which was not on by default).

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
We need more info. Is the TV 4K? It should work in either case. The AppleTV 4K should switch to HD if all the components aren't 4K.

Please describe how it is all connected. Also, how old are the hdmi cables? You might need to upgrade to at least 18Gb/s versions.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Another thing to check is whether the Marantz AVR has some setting that needs to be enabled to pass 4K video (my Denon has such a setting, which was not on by default).
Are you sure it was a setting to pass 4K, or was it to pass Dolby Vision? I have a Marantz SR7012, and I do remember I had to turn on an option to pass DV. At least, that's what I think it was. It's been almost 4 1/2 years, so my memory might be foggy.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Are you sure it was a setting to pass 4K, or was it to pass Dolby Vision? I have a Marantz SR7012, and I do remember I had to turn on an option to pass DV. At least, that's what I think it was. It's been almost 4 1/2 years, so my memory might be foggy.
It could have been just to pass Dolby Vision. Like you, it's been a few years since I set up the receiver. I just remember needing to change a default setting to get everything to pass through properly. I am not in Michigan right now, so I cannot check my notes.

htmike

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Thanks fo all the replies, I imagine the cables are a bit older, I don't believe they are 4k ready. The jvc projector is a 4K projector. I did plug the ATV into the hdmi cable directy to the projector and it works. Once I go through the marantz receiver, it doesn't. I will try changing the hdmi between the ATV and the receiver to updated cables, I would need to check the settings for any type of 4K pass through

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks