Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Bullock
I have the following:
Firestick
Sony BDV-E570
Samsung Smart TV
Pioneer VSX-519V-K receiver
I hook everything to the Pioneer receiver. And the video and sound seem to be working on the TV.
The question l have is the receiver itself.
Is there a way to view the receiver instructions on the TV screen? I’m new in the home entertainment and some of the instructions in the manual is confusing. Please help me.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Welcome to HTF, Norman.

Depending on the AVR (ie. receiver), if you set everything up to route thru the AVR to the TV and use that input (for AVR) on the TV, then you should probably see some minimal instructions/guidance for using/setting the AVR (via its OSD, ie. onscreen display) on your TV, but what and how much help that really would be is an entirely other story and may vary a good deal from brand to brand and model to model.

In the end, it's not too likely the AVR's OSD help/guidance will be much better than the provided manual unless it's a very skimpy manual I guess -- if your hardcopy manual is very skimp, maybe there's an online one that's much more complete and helpful as can sometimes be nowadays. Failing that, you might try just asking specific questions whether here or elsewhere (or just plain googling for the info first... and someone might even have created a YouTube video to help w/ whatever it is nowadays).

In any case, given what you're asking, you want to make sure one of the TV's main HDMI inputs is connected directly to your AVR's main HDMI output (w/ whatever video sources routed thru the AVR) and switch your TV to that input. Don't use (e)ARC in that case, which only routes the TV's audio via HDMI back to the AVR w/ not video going back or forth between TV and AVR while (e)ARC is being used -- yes, you can probably still use the same (e)ARC capable/supported HDMI connections, but then, you'll still have to make sure the TV is switched to receiving video input from the AVR and not using (e)ARC for whatever relevant, including this setup process.

Basically, if you really wanna use (e)ARC for whatever reasons, that does tend to confuse/complicate things... and maybe that's a large part of the confusion for you...

_Man_

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It looks like this may be an older unit (c. 2008?) that may not have an on-screen UI from the receiver.

I've browsed through the manual online and don't see any references to any on-screen options. I never had this option on my AVR until my last couple of recent upgrades.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Yeah, if it’s a 2008 model receiver, I doubt it has an on-screen display.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Serves me right to write all that before doing a quick google of that model, LOL. :blush::lol::laugh:

_Man_

MrFTAMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Bullock
Ok. Thank you all for your help. This receiver will do until later when i update another receiver.

MrFTAMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Bullock
Oh by the way, I am using the fastest HDMI with the arc outputs. (Not eARC). The picture quality is great!

MrFTAMan

Auditioning
Real Name
Norman Bullock
Question: I have a vantage record player. Where can I plug it, since the receiver doesn’t have no phono outlet.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You need a phono preamp (there are many to choose from in a wide variety of prices) which you connect between the turntable and the receiver. You connect it to any available stereo analog input in the receiver. CD, Tape, etc.

Phono preamps are very simple, "black box" items like this one...

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
If you want something with a little more control, this is the pre-amp I've had going into my Audio-Technica for about 10 years now. Still ticking!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks