Help!!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Ashley OBrien, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Ashley OBrien

Ashley OBrien Auditioning

I purchased a Samsung home entertainment system today.. HT-E5500W. I hooked it up through an HDMI cable to my Samsung TV (UN60EH6000). I am able to get sound through the blu-ray but when I try and get it to work with Fios, nothing. Any suggestions?

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    You bought a HTiB with two HDMI inputs. Use them. I assume your FIOS has HDMI, connect it to the HTiB and let it send video to the TV .

3. Ashley OBrien

Unfortunately I have no idea what an HTiB is so I can't do that.

4. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    HTiB is Home Theater in a Box. It has 2 HDMI inputs. Use one for your FiOS box.

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    And welcome to HTF!

6. Ashley OBrien

Thank you. My fios is plugged into my tv's hdmi already. There is only one input on the box. Called Samsung. My tv is not ARC the guy told me. I need to buy an optical audio output I think

7. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Or, do the SIMPLE THING and unhook your FiOS from the TV and connect it to the HTiB. No extra cable necessary. You are the one that wants the sound from the FiOS to come from the HTiB.

8. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Incase you come back and actually use the advice you found a forum to get... Do one of these... 1. The simple thing and use the HDMI you already have and connect the FiOS directly to the HTiB. 2. Ignore that and buy a toslink(Ebay has them for very little...I'll even link one). Connect the toslink from the FiOS to the HTiB. Whatever you do, please do not, for the love of God, connect your TV to the HTiB with the toslink. The entire reason you bought the HTiB will be COMPLETELY RUINED and you might as well unhook the entire thing and return it...cause you would be wasting it. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-3-6-12-25-50FT-Toslink-Digital-Optical-Audio-Cable-Wire-S-PDIF-DTS-DOLBY-/261153342722?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item3ccdf3c502 I linked that one so you can choose the length you need.