What's new

Small rear speakers (1 Viewer)

Gritter99

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
To pair with fs52's and c22, I would stick with the pioneer but the girlfriend says their to big to hang from the ceiling, what brands should I be looking at for budget friendly small rear speakers?

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
To confirm, the GF thinks the BS22s are too big? You don't have to "hang" them from the ceiling, you could use a shelf or mount them.
If so, I've always liked H/K satellites (it what I use in my movie system), so maybe the HKTS30s. Satellites won't be as goo for music though; when you play music you should pick a front-only speaker mode, or stereo.

Gritter99

Grip
Real Name
Ryan
Al.Anderson said:
To confirm, the GF thinks the BS22s are too big? You don't have to "hang" them from the ceiling, you could use a shelf or mount them.
If so, I've always liked H/K satellites (it what I use in my movie system), so maybe the HKTS30s. Satellites won't be as goo for music though; when you play music you should pick a front-only speaker mode, or stereo.
Yea she said their to big :/. Ill look into the hkts30's

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Orb would probably be too expensive as surrounds for his Pioneer speakers.
http://www.letsgodigital.org/images/artikelen/55/sony-speaker.jpg
I heard a 5.1 set of these at Frys a couple of years ago. Horrible.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
$240/pair is too much to spend for speakers????
They have a 30 day trial(like most internet directs)...the only issue would be the overall frequency range...but hey, he's the one who needs small speakers.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
The Pioneer surrounds he's looking to replace probably go for about $100 for the pair. I doubt he wants to spend $240 on surrounds to go with the other three Pioneer speakers he's using for the fronts and center. I'm betting he wants to spend less than $100.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That is up to him to buy crap satellites...or buy something that will afford some semblance of fidelity.
If he listed where he lives we could help him peruse CL and Fleabay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks