What's new

Using a second reciever to power the sub only? (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I suppose you could take the line level output for the sub off your first receiver, split it and connected one leg to your left channel in on your second receiver; then run speaker wire from the left channel speaker jacks to the second sub. Over all I wouldn't recommend it. Its pretty kludgy and unless its a high end receiver it may have issues trying to drive a sub. You would probably be better much off looking for a second-hand mono amp.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Perhaps it would be helpful if we know if your sub is powered by its own amp or if it is a passive sub that is powered by your receiver's amp.

If you have a powered sub I don't see why you would want to put a second receiver into the loop as what would you expect to gain.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Most receivers don't have the power supply to deliver peaks required for the sub. Also, it is usually difficult to find a dual 8 ohm sub which is the impedance that most receivers are most compatible with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks