What's new

Subwoofer Feedback (1 Viewer)

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,
I have not posted in months, but here it goes

I have an onkyo SR 800 reciver with all Klipsch speakers for the 7 channels and the sub. I have the KSW12 subwoofer in there. Once in a while, when i turn off the reciver, about 2 seconds later i get an obnoxiously loud feedback tone (more like a rumble) that is not controllable with the volume nob on the sub. The only way to shut it off is to turn the reciever back on and off again.

It use to do this with my old reciver, and onkyo DX475 i think and the JBL 10 subwoofer I had on that.

I keep my klipsch sub in the auto power mode and use both the line level and the rca inputs (that is how i was told to set it up.) I have however had this experience with both subs and recievers using either input or both and i have even had it happen one time in the middle of the night about three hours after the reciever was powered off.

any suggestions on what is doing this with two totally different set ups?

Thanks in advance,
Ciao
Kevin

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
good try, but it use to happen with my old reciever and sub, then i got the new reciever and it still happened, so i thought it was the sub, then i got a new sub and it still happens??? that is the perplexing part of it.

ScottCarr

Second Unit
Sounds likes it electrical.
My recommendation is to;
move the sub to another room and see what happens when you plug it in and leave it on for a while.

If there is no rumble.
plug it back into the original plug without connecting the sub cable and see if it happens.

If rumbling then there is an electrical issue.

If there is no rumbling
with your receiver and all other components off connect th sub cable to the receiver

Rumbling ground loop
No rumbling turn on the receiver.
Any rumbling ground loop.

If it is a ground loop parts express sells ground loop isolators.

Good luck

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
I will check into a ground loop isolator, but i have moved to a different house and still have the issue, but that might be the key.

Thanks,

Ciao,
Kevin

Jon_Krug

Stunt Coordinator
maybe a ground loop problem? i have a problem with either my tv or cable, and am waiting for a line conditioner to fix that.

KevinST

Stunt Coordinator
i had a line conditioner at one point, just for the heck of it, and i could not get tv channel 2 at all, took it out and have never had a problem since then

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks