What's new

2 Subs which I own, which is better (1 Viewer)

idolm

Grip
Real Name
mike moss
Hello

Quick question, I have a Tannoy SFX 5.1 and Yamaha NS SW050. Only the Tannoy is used at the moment. May I ask, which is the better sub please
Thank you

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Tannoy isn't actually a subwoofer. It's a bass module for a satellite speaker system. It must be used with the satellites to make them function properly, but it doesn't operate as an actual subwoofer. So, you can use the Yamaha along with it, with the system configured using it as a subwoofer.

I can elaborate if you wish.

idolm

Grip
Real Name
mike moss
Thank you John,
Could you please clarify ‘ system configured using a subwoofer ‘ please.
It was purchased as a separate item, no satellite speakers. Richer Sounds ,where it was purchased stated it was a dedicated subwoofer .

The tannoy is currently connected to the Yamaha AV,via the sub out .

Thank you
ps, I have rearranged the speakers as discussed 😀

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I need to look into it more closely. However, it definitely was part of a 5.1 speaker package, not a separate sub, which is why "5.1" is in the product name.

idolm

Grip
Real Name
mike moss
Strange Richer Sounds only had it listed as a separate item. It was purchased prior to buying the Mission speakers .
I have seen the sub listed with the satellite speakers, I assumed there were two options .
Thank you

YANG

Screenwriter
I need to look into it more closely. However, it definitely was part of a 5.1 speaker package, not a separate sub, which is why "5.1" is in the product name.

there are time when a package doesn't come in a single box...
tannoy_51_speaker_1682159796_29f2444f_progressive.jpg

...that would give a flexibility to potential buyers to purchase as separate component to pair with products of other makes in the market, that may not necessarily from the same manufacturer.​

idolm

Grip
Real Name
mike moss
Thats one of the reasons I purchased the Tannoy, no satellites included ,Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks