-

Photo
- - - - -

New setup

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 crazy8

crazy8

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted December 20 2010 - 06:17 AM

Well I think I have picked everything I want. Now I know this isn't a "theater" but the space we are putting this in is quite small and we aren't looking for a full blown theater. Maybe when the kids move out that will be another issue. ;) So here is what I got and this will be my first flat screen purchase ever, first blu-ray/dvd purchase ever, and first speaker purchase ever. Anyway here is what I am thinking and I am wondering if this is a pretty good basic set up for what would be good for a budget and a small space.

Samsung 46" LED-LCD HDTV UN46C6300SF

Samsung 1330W 7.1ch Blu-Ray Theater System

Logitech Harmony 1100 Remote Control w/RF Extender

The future wife and I even found a beautiful entertainment system at Ikea.

#2 of 4 Al.Anderson

Al.Anderson

Screenwriter

• 2,163 posts

Posted December 20 2010 - 06:51 AM

Samsung makes great TVs.  Not so much with their receivers and speakers.  In general you would do better by looking elsewhere for the HTIB.  (And look to get one that doesn't have the DVD/Bluray as part of the receiver.)

#3 of 4 crazy8

crazy8

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted December 20 2010 - 06:58 AM

I figured if I was getting a Samsung TV that it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the same brand blu-ray player and speakers. Not that I shouldn't consider anything else. So as far as HTIB systems go, you have any suggestions? Should I stick with the Samsung blu-ray player? I have seen it and it seems like a sweet enough player and looks nice to.

#4 of 4 crazy8

crazy8

Agent

• 41 posts

Posted December 20 2010 - 09:06 AM

What if I went with the Samsung DVD player and for the sound went with an Onkyo HT-S6300 setup?