mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
You can watch the first episode NOW in advance screening on their website:

Showtime Official Site :: Preview Showtime

Edie Falco stars. Showtime is on such a run... Weeds, Dexter, etc.. here's another one that looks to be in the bag..I'm there. First episode is a good start.

"Make me good, God.. just not yet."

Very strong pilot.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
I caught it on Direct TV 101, and thought it was ok, and didn't quite give me the feeling of "I wish I had Showtime". But it's just one episode, and I'm intrigued enough to see more, when it comes out on DVD. Kind of like House and Scrubs.

I laughed when she says "Fuck You" to a severed ear, before flushing it down the toilet.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
A pretty good but slightly odd premiere episode. Nurse Jackie isn't a saint, she has some anti-hero qualities like drug use and cheating on her spouse (nice touch casting the priest from The Sopranos). Forging a signature on the donor card was "wrong", but the result was that someone was helped. Her choices throughout the season will be interesting.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I can't really think of anything I didn't like about it, though I didn't go in expecting to see a pristine character. I've seen articles about whether nurses will feel it's an accurate portrayal. I don't even get what the debate is. If they mean every nurse should be portrayed as Florence Nightingale, then I guess this'll fall short. But as for being realistic, I saw more realistic things in this one episode than a whole season of, say, "24". Working too much, drug use, covering personal illnesses, affairs, and dealing with doctors who are far more educated than you, but often care far less? The episode felt like a documentary to me.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
well I Might watch a few eps.. but I'm getting tired of Anti-hero stuff, and besides snorting pills, stealing cash, forging donor cars, and flushing ears..not to mention marital Infedelity, it's a bunch much. Plus I've spent too much time in hospitals and Doctors offices of late.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Already? I guess it does get better.

I know Showtime has done this with a few of their other shows, giving them a second season, only a few episodes in.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I tried to like it but the pilot bored me.

I don't know, I guess I just can't take another Showtime show about fucked-up people lol. I already watch Dexter, Californication and Weeds.

Plus there's already a screwed-up doctor with substance abuse problems on my schedual, he goes by the name of Dr. Gregory House.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks