What's new

67th (2015) Primetime Emmys - Nominees and Winners (1 Viewer)

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
Although I don't necessarily agree with all the winners, or nominees even, the list is usually a decent place to start for finding something of quality to watch on the tube, as we used to call it....

Courtesy of CNN.com

The full list can be found here: http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/20/entertainment/emmy-awards-2015-winners-list-feat/

Outstanding Drama Series

"Better Call Saul" (AMC)

"Downton Abbey" (PBS)

"Game Of Thrones" (HBO) WINNER

"Homeland" (Showtime)

"House Of Cards" (Netflix)

"Mad Men" (AMC)

"Orange Is The New Black" (Netflix)

Outstanding Comedy Series

"Louie" (FX)

"Modern Family" (ABC)

"Parks And Recreation" (NBC)

"Silicon Valley" (HBO)

"Transparent" (Amazon)

"Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" (Netflix)

"Veep" (HBO) WINNER

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series

Kyle Chandler, "Bloodline"

Jeff Daniels, "The Newsroom"

Jon Hamm, "Mad Men" WINNER

Bob Odenkirk, "Better Call Saul"

Liev Schreiber, "Ray Donovan"

Kevin Spacey, "House of Cards"

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series

Claire Danes, "Homeland"

Viola Davis, "How to Get Away With Murder" WINNER

Taraji P. Henson, "Empire"

Tatiana Maslany, "Orphan Black"

Elisabeth Moss, "Mad Men"

Robin Wright, "House of Cards"

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series

Anthony Anderson, "black-ish"

Louis C.K., "Louie"

Don Cheadle, "House of Lies"

Will Forte, "Last Man on Earth"

Matt LeBlanc, "Episodes"

William H. Macy, "Shameless"

Jeffrey Tambor, "Transparent" WINNER

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series

Edie Falco, "Nurse Jackie"

Lisa Kudrow, "The Comeback"

Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "Veep" WINNER

Amy Poehler, "Parks and Recreation"

Amy Schumer, "Inside Amy Schumer"

Lily Tomlin, "Grace and Frankie"

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series

Jonathan Banks, "Better Call Saul"

Ben Mendelsohn, "Bloodline"

Jim Carter, "Downton Abbey"

Peter Dinklage, "Game of Thrones" WINNER

Michael Kelly, "House of Cards"

Alan Cumming, "The Good Wife"

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series

Joanne Froggatt, "Downton Abbey"

Lena Headey, "Game of Thrones"

Emilia Clarke, "Game of Thrones"

Christina Hendricks, "Mad Men"

Uzo Aduba, "Orange Is the New Black" WINNER

Christine Baranski, "The Good Wife"

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series

Niecy Nash, "Getting On"

Julie Bowen, "Modern Family"

Allison Janney, "Mom" WINNER

Kate McKinnon, "Saturday Night Live"

Mayim Bialik, "The Big Bang Theory"

Gaby Hoffmann, "Transparent"

Jane Krakowski, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Anna Chlumsky, "Veep"

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series

Andre Braugher, "Brooklyn Nine-Nine"

Adam Driver, "Girls"

Keegan-Michael Key, "Key & Peele"

Ty Burrell, "Modern Family"

Tituss Burgess, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Tony Hale, "Veep" WINNER

Outstanding Miniseries

"American Crime" (ABC)

"American Horror Story: Freak Show" (FX)

"The Honorable Woman" (Sundance)

"Olive Kitteridge" (HBO) WINNER

"Wolf Hall" (PBS)

Outstanding Television Movie

"Agatha Christie's Poirot: Curtain, Poirot's Last Case" (Acorn TV)

"Bessie" (HBO) WINNER

"Grace Of Monaco" (Lifetime)

"Hello Ladies: The Movie" (HBO)

"Killing Jesus" (National Geographic)

"Nightingale" (HBO)

Outstanding Lead Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie

Timothy Hutton, "American Crime"

Ricky Gervais, "Derek Special"

Adrien Brody, "Houdini"

David Oyelowo, "Nightingale"

Richard Jenkins, "Olive Kitteridge" WINNER

Mark Rylance, "Wolf Hall"

Outstanding Lead Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie

Felicity Huffman, "American Crime"

Jessica Lange, "American Horror Story: Freak Show"

Queen Latifah, "Bessie"

Maggie Gyllenhaal, "The Honorable Woman"

Frances McDormand, "Olive Kitteridge" WINNER

Emma Thompson, "Sweeney Todd"

Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie

Richard Cabral, "American Crime"

Denis O'Hare, "American Horror Story: Freak Show"

Finn Wittrock, "American Horror Story: Freak Show"

Michael Kenneth Williams, "Bessie"

Bill Murray, "Olive Kitteridge" WINNER

Damian Lewis, "Wolf Hall"

Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Movie

Regina King, "American Crime" WINNER

Sarah Paulson, "American Horror Story: Freak Show"

Angela Bassett, "American Horror Story: Freak Show"

Kathy Bates, "American Horror Story: Freak Show"

Mo'Nique, "Bessie"

Zoe Kazan, "Olive Kitteridge"

Outstanding Variety Talk Series

"The Colbert Report" (Comedy Central)

"The Daily Show" (Comedy Central) WINNER

"Jimmy Kimmel Live" (ABC)

"Last Week Tonight" (HBO)

"Late Show With David Letterman" (CBS)

"The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" (NBC)

Outstanding Variety Sketch Series

"Drunk History" (Comedy Central)

"Inside Amy Schumer" (Comedy Central) WINNER

"Key & Peele" (Comedy Central)

"Portlandia" (IFC)

"Saturday Night Live" (NBC)

Outstanding Variety Special

"Bill Maher: Live From D.C." (HBO)

"The Kennedy Center Honors" (CBS)

"Louis C.K.: Live At The Comedy Store" (LouisCK.net)

"Mel Brooks Live At The Geffen" (HBO)

"The Saturday Night Live 40th Anniversary Special" (NBC) WINNER

"Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga: Cheek To Cheek LIVE!" (PBS)

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Alan Alda, "The Blacklist"

Michael J. Fox, "The Good Wife"

F. Murray Abraham, "Homeland"

Reg E. Cathey, "House of Cards" WINNER

Beau Bridges, "Masters Of Sex"

Pablo Schreiber, "Orange Is The New Black"

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series

Margo Martindale, "The Americans" WINNER

Diana Rigg, "Game of Thrones"

Rachel Brosnahan, "House Of Cards"

Cicely Tyson, "How To Get Away With Murder"

Allison Janney, "Masters Of Sex"

Khandi Alexander, "Scandal"

Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series

Mel Brooks, "The Comedians"

Paul Giamatti, "Inside Amy Schumer"

Bill Hader, "Saturday Night Live"

Louis C.K., "Saturday Night Live"

Bradley Whitford, "Transparent" WINNER

Jon Hamm, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series

Christine Baranski, "The Big Bang Theory"

Gaby Hoffmann, "Girls"

Pamela Adlon, "Louie"

Elizabeth Banks, "Modern Family"

Joan Cusack, "Shameless" WINNER

Tina Fey, "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can't stand Andy Samberg so I waited and skipped ahead to just the nominees and the speeches.

Happy to see all of the love for "Game of Thrones", though it was probably the show's weakest season. A big breakthrough for the fantasy genre.

Viola Davis made a socially important point with her acceptance speech, but I still think Tatiana Maslany got robbed.

I take solace in the fact that "Modern Family" finally lost Best Comedy Series, but "Parks & Recreation" got robbed.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam:

This is the FIRST time I have ever done this. But about a half-hour or so into tonight's telecast, I turned it off...AND hit clicked on the choice to delete it from my DVR while it was still recording.

The opening monologue was embarassingly bad and the writing for the presenters and the rest was just awful. I don't want to just blanket say Samberg was a bad choice, but...

I was also surprised by how many nominees there were in each category. Eight? Six? Seven?

It seemed like an incredibly weak production and even wanted to outdo Hollywood for self-flagellation and admiration. Wow.

And keep your ball off my lawn, too!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I was also surprised by how many nominees there were in each category. Eight? Six? Seven?

This was a change for this year that I actually strongly approve of. A lot of really worthwhile nominees (like Maslany) that would have missed the cut in prior years got nominated this year. The nominating slate, while still flawed in the usual Emmys way, was much more representative of the breath of great television out there right now than the nominees from prior years were.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I was glad to see Jon Hamm finally win in his last chance. He made Don Draper an iconic character.

Ecstatic to see the Modern Family stranglehold on Best Comedy finally broken; although I would have preferred Parks & Rec as the winner, I didn't expect it to happen. For some inexplicable reason Emmy just never had much love for P&R. I've said it before in the P&R threads, but it bears repeating - the fact that Nick Offerman was never even NOMINATED for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy is a crime against humanity.

I love Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and she is hilarious in Veep, but the win should have gone to either of the Amys this year. JLDs fourth-in-a-row win illustrates Emmy's biggest weakness - the tendency of voters to get in a rut and name the same winners year after year. Not that it would ever happen, but I would be in favor of a rule that said an actor who wins for a given role is ineligible for the same role for at least the following year. Same for shows. It would break up these ridiculous streaks and open up slots for deserving actors/shows that might not ever get nominated otherwise.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I had no problem with Veep being named Best Comedy Series. I was overjoyed the voters didn't pick Transparent just because it's new and unusual. It's simply not funny. I watched the first four episodes, and while I admired the acting, I didn't once crack a smile. Have no problem with Jeffrey Tambor and Bradley Whitford winning trophies, but I just didn't think the show itself even deserved a nomination.

I love Regina King (she deserved some Emmy love for all those years on the brilliant Southland), but my heart bled for Sarah Paulson who I thought this year would be a shoo-in for Best Supporting Actress/Miniseries for playing the two-headed woman on American Horror Story. She gave each of her heads a distinct personality and showed versatility far above the other nominees.

Game of Thrones won 12 Emmys this year. That must be some kind of record for a regular series.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I fully expected the old mummies to give it to Julia Louis-Dreyfuss yet again but considering how good she and the show are, I can't get too upset. Still, it would have been nice if Amy Poehler could have won since she did amazing work for years.

Glad to see Jon Hamm finally win but it's a sin that Jonathan Banks didn't win for Best Supporting Actor.

Parks And Recreations and its cast's nearly non-existent Emmy recognition is the biggest Emmy travesty since they ignored The Wire.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Here's another Emmy record: HBO claimed four of the major series/specials awards: Veep, Game of Thrones, Olive Kitteridge, Bessie.

And the Game of Thrones 12 awards WAS a record. The previous record holder for a series was 8 for The West Wing.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Interesting that THE BIG BANG THEORY only got 2 nominations this time around (At least Mayim Bialik was recognized with a nom!), for what in my opinion, was another fine season for that show!

While I don't regularly view most of the other programs, I have seen most of the episodes of MOM, and in my opinion, Allison Janney is hilarious in this show (I first spotted her considerable comedic chops in the short lived MR. SUNSHINE, a few years back!), and am glad she picked up an Emmy for her role! Allison also has the uncommon distinction of having won Emmys in both the Drama (For THE WEST WING) and Comedy categories!

I may attempt to check out VEEP, at some point.

CHEERS! :)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
And the Game of Thrones 12 awards WAS a record.
That's funny because until the last few episodes, the GOT thread here was filled with complaints about how lousy this season was. The only reason I watch the show is to see T&A and violence so I abstain from 'judging' it but the fans seemed to turn on it this year. I guess part of it is the usual "It's not as good as before!"-syndrome that afflicts every show with a nerd fanbase.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I haven't seen the latest season of Game of Thrones, but the constant character churn has gotten to the point where it's a real detriment. Usually when you're on season 5 of a show, you're interested because you've invested several years into characters that you like to follow. Killing off a few major characters now and then is one thing, but GoT is practically a new show with each season. I am simply not going to care as much about a character that showed up in season 4 than I am about a character I followed for three seasons who's no longer around.

The plot is still great, but the lack of long-term character development (survival?) hinders it.

I thought the Emmy broadcast writing was very hit-and-miss. They were clearly trying to take risks, and it didn't always pay off. Props to Samberg for his "recreation" of the last season of Girls on network TV, though. :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Has Samberg done much standup in his career?

Because his pacing during his opening monologue was torturously slow...especially since most of his material was falling flat.

Ken H

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken
From Next TV Today

Emmys Ratings Fall to Record Lows

According to preliminary estimates from Nielsen, Sunday’s telecast of the 67th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards on Fox drew the show’s smallest audience on record — 11.9 million viewers, down nearly 16% or 4 million viewers from last year’s show on NBC.

Why This Matters: Last year’s Emmys telecast aired on NBC on a Monday in late August and was not up against Sunday Night Football. Fox had tried to stack the cards in its favor by airing the Emmys after its own two NFL games during the day, and plugging the Andy Samberg-host telecast heavily throughout.

5 Takes: Variety | The Wrap | B&C | Deadline | THR

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I actually don't usually watch the Emmys, so I don't know if it's unusual that so many of the shows involved were on pay cable (which maybe hurt the ratings). I've never even heard of some of the big winners.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
I actually don't usually watch the Emmys, so I don't know if it's unusual that so many of the shows involved were on pay cable (which maybe hurt the ratings). I've never even heard of some of the big winners.

I don't know the numbers, Aaron, in terms of the cable channels (I think they've ruled the day in many categories for some years now)...but I know in the last couple of years the big deal has been the emergence of the "internet" channels as contenders/winners in several categories (Amazon, etc.).

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
Matt Hough said:
I love Regina King (she deserved some Emmy love for all those years on the brilliant Southland), but my heart bled for Sarah Paulson who I thought this year would be a shoo-in for Best Supporting Actress/Miniseries for playing the two-headed woman on American Horror Story. She gave each of her heads a distinct personality and showed versatility far above the other nominees.

I completely agree, Matt! I think Sarah Paulson is shaping up to be the greatest actress of her generation. She does amazing work, and last year's performance as Bette and Dot was amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks