-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Missing digital copy codes Taken and Bolt

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted May 20 2009 - 05:52 AM

Just bought Taken and Bolt blus used for about $20 each but no digital copy codes.

Can anyone help? Do I need to call the studios and show them reciepts? The recipts do say "used" on them.

Am I screwed?

Thanks for any help
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#2 of 12 Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

Producer

• 3,932 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted May 20 2009 - 06:47 AM

I think you're hooped here. If they're used copies, unless you can establish that they were rental copies, Disney is not going to send you new codes. Even then I have my doubts.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 12 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 20 2009 - 07:44 AM

I wonder if it would be kosher for us to start a thread with code requests/trades/offers... I know there are films I'd just like to see once and the iPod would be fine for that, and others where I know I'd never use the code and would be happy to trade. But going down this rathole probably has too many issues to be workable... Hmmm.

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#4 of 12 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,714 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted May 20 2009 - 09:30 AM

Sam-
Thats actually a good idea.

#5 of 12 Brian L

Brian L

Screenwriter

• 2,882 posts

Posted May 20 2009 - 10:29 AM

Matt, what's the back story here?

Was it unknown that these were used? Did the seller misrepresent them as new? Are these video store used discs, or trade-ins to a place like Hastings? If they were trade-ins, I suppose its pretty unlikely that the previous owner did not use the code.

Just wondering.

Brian

#6 of 12 Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted May 20 2009 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L
Matt, what's the back story here?

Was it unknown that these were used? Did the seller misrepresent them as new? Are these video store used discs, or trade-ins to a place like Hastings? If they were trade-ins, I suppose its pretty unlikely that the previous owner did not use the code.

Just wondering.

Brian

They were trade ins bought at a store. Probably used or threw away the codes. I emailed Disney and Fox so hopefully they will take care of me. Otherwise I have a couple frisbees.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#7 of 12 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,340 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted May 20 2009 - 01:07 PM

Codes can only be used once...guess you know that, but may make it difficult to get one unless you can convince them they were missing in the packages when bought "new".

Don't want to infer anything, but what the hell Posted Image : the local Blockbuster that takes BD trade-ins for a good credit value removes all inserts/freebies/codes from BD packagess. They said they are required to. They also remove digital copies that are on a separate disc. I doubt this stuff goes into the garbage...

OT, but I was surprised when I tried to use a code and found out I had to PAY. May have been naive, but nowhere on all the splashes about the DC on the wrapper nor on the code sheet did it actually infer additional $ would be involved. OTOH, it didn't actually say it was free either. I didn't really want the DC anyway...

#8 of 12 ATimson

ATimson

Second Unit

• 398 posts

Posted May 20 2009 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigF
OT, but I was surprised when I tried to use a code and found out I had to PAY. May have been naive, but nowhere on all the splashes about the DC on the wrapper nor on the code sheet did it actually infer additional $ would be involved. OTOH, it didn't actually say it was free either. I didn't really want the DC anyway...
What movie was this for, and was it iTunes or Windows Media Player? For iTunes, you have to sign in with an iTunes Store account (as that's how their DRM works--the file is tied to that account, not to your computer like with WMP), but you don't pay anything.
"Niceness is the greatest human flaw, except for all the others."
--Brendan Moody

#9 of 12 CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,340 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted May 20 2009 - 02:06 PM

^ Sorry, I don't recall the title. But it didn't involve iTunes for sure. The code also had an expiry date (why??, if you have to pay anyway). I really have no use for DCs here, but I thought I would get it anyway if "free" LOL. I never got to the point of seeing if I could even download it in Canada, since paying is sometimes a problem for such things once they realise you're not in the U.S. by the CC number. I probably bought the BD at Wal-Mart, and I have noticed they sell U.S. versions of BDs quite a lot (I know they are, because I've seen the Canadian version of the same title and it has bilingual packaging) so some of the stickered offers don't work here...or may be different...maybe the DC was free in the U.S. but not here (they could tell where I am without the CC# of course).

#10 of 12 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 15,964 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 21 2009 - 02:56 AM

OK, since Adam gave his blessing for this I will start a new thread on it and we can get this cooking. Later tonight I will post availability of at least a half dozen codes to get us started.

I thought it might be better to put this in the SD forum but lets face it, if this is going to live on long term its best here in HD.

Edit: Thread is now up and stickied:
http://www.hometheat....ts-thread.html

Sam

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#11 of 12 johndeerebabe

johndeerebabe

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted July 17 2009 - 10:09 AM

I need a code for taken and a haunting in connecticut

#12 of 12 turvie

turvie

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted August 01 2009 - 04:42 PM

Hi All,

I am looking for a digital code for bolt.  Have a used one, no code.  Would love to put it on my appletv!

Terri

Forum Nav Content I Follow