Missing digital copy codes Taken and Bolt

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Matt Butler, May 20, 2009.

1. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Just bought Taken and Bolt blus used for about $20 each but no digital copy codes.

Can anyone help? Do I need to call the studios and show them reciepts? The recipts do say "used" on them.

Am I screwed?

Thanks for any help

2. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    I think you're hooped here. If they're used copies, unless you can establish that they were rental copies, Disney is not going to send you new codes. Even then I have my doubts.

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    I wonder if it would be kosher for us to start a thread with code requests/trades/offers... I know there are films I'd just like to see once and the iPod would be fine for that, and others where I know I'd never use the code and would be happy to trade. But going down this rathole probably has too many issues to be workable... Hmmm.

4. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
  5. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

Matt, what's the back story here?

Was it unknown that these were used? Did the seller misrepresent them as new? Are these video store used discs, or trade-ins to a place like Hastings? If they were trade-ins, I suppose its pretty unlikely that the previous owner did not use the code.

Just wondering.

Brian

6. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

They were trade ins bought at a store. Probably used or threw away the codes. I emailed Disney and Fox so hopefully they will take care of me. Otherwise I have a couple frisbees.

7. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Codes can only be used once...guess you know that, but may make it difficult to get one unless you can convince them they were missing in the packages when bought "new".

Don't want to infer anything, but what the hell [​IMG] : the local Blockbuster that takes BD trade-ins for a good credit value removes all inserts/freebies/codes from BD packagess. They said they are required to. They also remove digital copies that are on a separate disc. I doubt this stuff goes into the garbage...

OT, but I was surprised when I tried to use a code and found out I had to PAY. May have been naive, but nowhere on all the splashes about the DC on the wrapper nor on the code sheet did it actually infer additional $ would be involved. OTOH, it didn't actually say it was free either. I didn't really want the DC anyway...

8. ATimson

ATimson Second Unit

What movie was this for, and was it iTunes or Windows Media Player? For iTunes, you have to sign in with an iTunes Store account (as that's how their DRM works--the file is tied to that account, not to your computer like with WMP), but you don't pay anything.

9. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    ^ Sorry, I don't recall the title. But it didn't involve iTunes for sure. The code also had an expiry date (why??, if you have to pay anyway). I really have no use for DCs here, but I thought I would get it anyway if "free" LOL. I never got to the point of seeing if I could even download it in Canada, since paying is sometimes a problem for such things once they realise you're not in the U.S. by the CC number. I probably bought the BD at Wal-Mart, and I have noticed they sell U.S. versions of BDs quite a lot (I know they are, because I've seen the Canadian version of the same title and it has bilingual packaging) so some of the stickered offers don't work here...or may be different...maybe the DC was free in the U.S. but not here (they could tell where I am without the CC# of course).

10. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    OK, since Adam gave his blessing for this I will start a new thread on it and we can get this cooking. Later tonight I will post availability of at least a half dozen codes to get us started.

I thought it might be better to put this in the SD forum but lets face it, if this is going to live on long term its best here in HD.

Edit: Thread is now up and stickied:
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/...ts-thread.html

Sam

11. johndeerebabe

johndeerebabe Auditioning

I need a code for taken and a haunting in connecticut

12. turvie

turvie Auditioning

Hi All,

I am looking for a digital code for bolt. Have a used one, no code. Would love to put it on my appletv!

Terri