Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Unreleased 60's shows on DVD?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 of 67 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 944 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 09:38 PM

Dear Guys: Just to play a memory game for a moment,what 60's programs haven't made it to DVD yet? Batman Green Hornet Daktari Garrison's Gorrillas High Chapparal My Mother the Car He Said, She Said The Mothers In Law Twelve O'Clock High The Farmer's Daughter Captain Nice The Girl from Uncle The Monroes The Defenders Tarzan What else is out there? James

#2 of 67 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,783 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 09:51 PM

I would love to see The Second Hundred Years.

#3 of 67 OFFLINE   Ian K McLachlan

Ian K McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator

• 216 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 09:56 PM

My World and Welcome to It Mr. Terrific Cowboy in Africa

#4 of 67 OFFLINE   Bob Hug

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

• 1,760 posts

Posted February 12 2009 - 11:23 PM

With a couple of exceptions of shows that have had official releases on VHS or a random public domain episode released on DVD, none of the following shows have had official DVD releases. Stoney Burke - 1 public domain ep. released on DVD Wide Country - 1 public domain ep. released on DVD N.Y.P.D. Coronet Blue The Blue Light (compilation movie "I Deal in Danger" released) The Bill Dana Show (Jose Jimenez) - some eps. officially released on VHS I'm Dickens, He's Fenster Then Came Bronson (started in '69, finished in '70) Custer/Legend of Custer Hondo Car 54 Where Are You? - some eps. officially released on VHS My Living Doll The Virginian The Patty Duke Show Ben Casey Run for Your Life Thriller (Boris Karloff) - 1 public domain ep. released on DVD Judd for the Defense 77 Sunset Strip - started in '58, but the bulk of the series was in the early 60s (ended '64) Hawaiian Eye - started in '59, but ended in '63 Surfside Six Miami Undercover - 1 public domain ep. released on DVD Michael Shayne - a few public domain eps. released on DVD

#5 of 67 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,926 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 12:26 AM

Gosh- I don't know- perhaps TV's first primetime soap.......
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#6 of 67 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,645 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:35 AM

Great lists, Bob and James! I'd love to see many of those series. How about:

The Lucy Show (one of the bigger name ones that hasn't been mentioned yet)
The Nurses
Fair Exchange
Follow the Sun
Going My Way
Grindl
Guestward Ho!
Hennesey (started in '59, but close enough)
The Law and Mr. Jones
Stagecoast West
Window on Main Street (only 2 eps released on FKB sets)
Wackiest Ship in the Army
Dobie Gillis ('59 start, but close enough)
Ripcord
Mr. Novak

Gary "as we've been saying, there is still a lot that can be released" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#7 of 67 OFFLINE   Gary OS

Gary OS

Producer

• 4,645 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 02:57 AM

Looks like we can finally take Peyton Place off the list, per an announcement just posted at TVShowsonDVD.com. I think I hear Charles screaming with joy. Posted Image

Gary "that's great news, along with the 3rd Season of FKB being released" O.
"Do not challenge supernatural unless armed with sword of truth"
                                             ...CHARLIE CHAN AT TREASURE ISLAND

#8 of 67 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,926 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:35 AM

You bet you sweet you-know-what!!!!
Bring "The continuing story of PEYTON PLACE" home on DVD: the one that started it all- from Dallas and Dynasty to Desperate Housewives and Gossip Girl!!! Starting this May, see the legendary saga starring Mia Farrow, Ryan O'Neal, Barbara Parkins, and Oscar-winner Dorothy Malone on DVD thru...

#9 of 67 OFFLINE   Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis

Producer

• 3,387 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:41 AM

Charles. you mean you were waiting for Peyton Place?Posted Image Kidding. We're glad that you're seeing this one finally released. I might have to blind-buy this one. I don't recall seeing these back then.

ml1fyo.jpg  "Checkmate King Two, 'Out'" "Combat! A Selmur Production"

TV/DVD Collector, mainly 50's thru 90's with a few 2000+ shows.
My 2 all-time favorite TV shows:
"Combat!" & "The Fugitive"
My 2 all-time best blind-buys: "The Fugitive"   "The Donna Reed Show"

#10 of 67 OFFLINE   potnoodle

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 08:54 AM

Batman is probably the biggest title from the 60s not out on DVD yet, and from the looks of things, it probably won't be for a long time. Fox and Warner have been in a huge legal battle for the past few years over ownership of DVD rights for the show. You would think by now they would reach the obvious conclusion that they should just split the profits between them so the series can be released and the money start rolling in, but, as we have seen all too frequently of late, corporate greed knows no bounds.

#11 of 67 OFFLINE   cherisland

cherisland

Stunt Coordinator

• 172 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 09:35 AM

Though it made TV GUIDE'S list of the 50 Worst Shows of All Time, I would very much LOVE to see the one season, 30 episode, Phyllis Diller sitcom wonder, "The Pruitt's Of Southampton" aka "The Phyllis Diller Show" released on DVD!!
The Pruitts of Southampton - TV.com

#12 of 67 OFFLINE   Joe Tor1

Joe Tor1

Second Unit

• 424 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 10:59 AM

Reading this thread causes me to step back and be thankful for all the wonderful stuff we HAVE gotten in these last few years. Excepting Batman (the obvious no-brainer) most of the “Big Name Series” from the sixties are already in our collective possession! Indeed, I cannot believe the amount of shows released in their entirety (or almost so). Just on my shelves are: Star Trek TOS, Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Invaders, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. I Spy, Burke’s Law, Honey West, The Wild Wild West, The Rat Patrol, Gilligan’s Island, F-Troop, McHale’s Navy, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Top Cat, Huckleberry Hound, and Yogi Bear! I’ll also include that which has been released of Perry Mason and Ironside – though these Raymond Burr series did straddle the decades both before and after. …And that’s just MY collection! There’s so much more already out there! Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the day I would own perfect (or near perfect) and uncut copies of every (…or in some cases “nearly every”) episode of these series. …But, they HAVE been released! And, in view of this, the studios have done quite well for fans of Sixties TV!

#13 of 67 OFFLINE   Charles Ellis

Charles Ellis

Screenwriter

• 1,926 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 11:09 AM

Recently I watched a 1974 Gunsmoke with Zina Bethune on TVLand, and it reminded me that her classic 1962-65 CBS drama The Nurses has yet to see the light of day in home video form. In fact, the only place I've seen it in recent years is at the Paley Center! This, along with The Defenders and East Side, West Side, represent an unique era in TV history (all three were filmed in New York for CBS in the early 60s).

#14 of 67 OFFLINE   potnoodle

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator

• 72 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 11:45 AM

Not to mention The Outer Limits, Twilight Zone, Dark Shadows, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies, Underdog, and now even Peyton Place.

#15 of 67 OFFLINE   Michael Rogers

Michael Rogers

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 03:21 PM

The Patty Duke Show

#16 of 67 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 944 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 10:50 PM

A few others that slipped my mind: Dr.Kildere It's About Time Jericho JamesSmith

#17 of 67 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,783 posts

Posted February 13 2009 - 11:29 PM

No Time for Sergeants (a one season wonder) My Living Doll

#18 of 67 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 985 posts

Posted February 14 2009 - 01:15 AM

That I know of 12 O'Clock High 87th Precinct The 8th Man Adventures In Rainbow Country Adventure Island Animal Magic The Aquanauts Arabian Knights Assignment Underwater Banana Splits Batman The Beatles The Beautiful Phyllis Diller Show Ben Casey The Bing Crosby Show The Blue Angels Bringing Up Buddy The Brothers Brannagan Camberwick Green Camp Runamuck Captain Nice Car 54 Where Are You? The Cara Williams Show The Carol Burnett Show (might be something around not sure) Cattanooga Cats The Cheaters Chigley Chrysler Theatre The Cimarron Strip The Clangers Convoy Court Martial The Courtship Of Eddie's Father Daktari The Defenders The Double Life Of Henry Phyfe Dr. Kildare Empire Ensign O'Toole Espionage Everglades The FBI The Farmer's Daughter Father Of The Bride Garrison's Gorillas Gentle Ben The Ghost and Mrs. Muir The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. The Governor And J.J. The Green Hornet (1 episode on dvd I know of) Grindl Guestward Ho! The High Chaparral Hong Kong The Human Jungle Ichabod And Me I'm Dickens He's Fenster It Takes A Thief It's About Time The John Forsythe Show Journey To The Unknown Judd For The Defense The Lieutenant The Loner Love On A Rooftop The Man Who Never Was Many Happy Returns Marcus Welby M.D. Margie Mayberry R.F.D. McKeever And The Colonel Medical Center Mickey Mister Roberts The Monroes Mr. Deeds Goes To Town Mr. Novak Mr. Terrific Mrs. G. Goes To College My Mother the Car My Sister Eileen My World And Welcome To It TV The Name Of The Game The New People No Time For Sergeants Nurses O.K. Crackerby Occasional Wife Our Man Higgins The Outsider The Overland Trail The Patty Duke Show Pete And Gladys Peter Loves Mary Pistols 'N' Petticoats Please Don't Eat The Daisies Pruitts Of Southampton The Queen And I Redigo The Roaring Twenties Room For One More Run For Your Life Saints And Sinners Sam Benedict Second Hundred Years Shannon Slattery's People Stoney Burke Surfside 6 The Tab Hunter Show Tammy Target: The Corruptors Tarzan Then Came Bronson Thriller To Rome With Love Trials Of O'Brien The Virginian Wackiest Ship in the Army Wendy And Me Where the Action Is Whiplash Zero One

#19 of 67 OFFLINE   michael_ks

michael_ks

Screenwriter

• 1,295 posts

Posted February 16 2009 - 05:35 AM

A pair of one season wonders comes to mind that have not been mentioned: "T.H.E. Cat" (1967), starring Robert Loggia as an aerialist and reformed cat burglar and Rod Serling's existential western series "The Loner" (1965). Two of my prized wants from the 1960s. Note: OK, I see "The Loner" was mentioned in the above list.

#20 of 67 OFFLINE   Claude North

Claude North

Second Unit

• 333 posts

Posted February 16 2009 - 07:33 AM

He & She (Richard Benjamin and Paula Prentiss): aired during the 1967-68 television season, received several Emmy nominations and received an Emmy Award for writing. I'd also like to see the notorious one-aired-episode wonder, Turn-On, released on DVD, perhaps with the unaired episodes thrown in for good measure...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users