What's new

Guyana Tragedy: The Jim Jones Story (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I thought this was a terrific mini-series. Hopefully it will be complete.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

VCI claims a running time of 189 minutes, but IMDB.com says it ran 192 minutes so, possibly, there might be something missing. But look at the cast:

Powers Boothe
Ned Beatty
James Earl Jones
Irene Cara
Veronica Cartwright
Rosalind Cash
Brad Dourif
Meg Foster
Diane Ladd
Randy Quaid
Levar Burton
Colleen Dewhurst

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was certainly riveted to my TV for the two nights that it ran on CBS. It was very daring for the time. Not sure it will seem quite as bold now as it did then, but it was an exceptional production. Powers Boothe richly deserved the Emmy he won for his performance.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I remember when the actual events happened when I was 7. And I remember seeing this when I was in my teens. Great movie, and yeah, Powers Booth was awesome in this movie.

Now if only we can get Murder In The Heartland.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
The thing I remember best is that when Emmy time came, there was an actor's strike and Powers Boothe was practically the only actor to accept his Emmy in person that year. He quipped at how after his Emmy appearance he may not have much of a career left. Well, fortunately the industry knew a good joke as Mr. Boothe is still getting juicy roles, as his recent stint on 24 proves.

Bob Hug

Screenwriter

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I remember buying the VHS version of this event and the whole mess behind Jim Jones always caught my interest. This happened back during my early years of community college and caught my interest of these religious cults.

Powers Booth and James Earl Jones had captivating performances in this event and it's probably one I'll purchase on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks