What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-28-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Weekly RoundUp

The Features

– Cast (Heroes – 2006/7)

– Glenn Ford, Robert Emhardt and Van Heflin (3:10 to Yuma – 1957)

– John C. Reilly & Molly Shannon (Year of the Dog - 2007)

– Robert Taylor & Vivien Leigh (Waterloo Bridge – 1940)

– Cast (Friday Night Lights – 2006/7)

The Prices

SD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostco3:10 to Yuma (1957)$14.99$14.99$15.99 - - Air Guitar Nation$18.89$16.99$19.99 - - **Blades of Glory$15.99$16.99$14.99 - $19.49Blood and Tears$25.19$24.99$19.99 - - Carlito’s Way: Crime Saga Coll.$17.99$14.99$15.99 - - Crocodile Dundee Triple Feature$22.49$19.99$19.99 - - Dane Cook: Lost Pilots$9.49$9.99$9.99 - - Dark Shadows: The Beginning Coll.$29.99$49.99$49.99 - - Dr. T & the Women SE$17.99$14.99$15.99 - - Essential Ozzie & Harriet Collection$20.99 - $19.99 - - Friday Night Lights: Season 1$19.99$19.99$19.99$19.99$19.99Goldberg Variations: Glenn Gould$13.99 - $15.99 - - Guyana Tragedy: Jim Jones Story$13.49$12.99$12.99 - - Heroes: Season 1$38.99$36.99$37.99$37.99$38.89Heroes: Season 1 DE (Target only) - - - $44.99 - Kickin’ It Old Skool$19.99$17.99$17.99$16.99 - Land Before Time: Amazing Adv.$15.29$9.99$15.99 - - The Last Day of Summer$18.69$19.99$19.99$14.99 - Legion of Superheroes: Volume 1$11.19$12.99$12.99 - - Masters of Horror: Season 1$55.99$49.99$69.99 - - Meet Parents/Fockers: Collection$17.99$14.99$15.99 - - MM Clubhouse: Mickey’s Treat$14.99$14.99$14.99$14.99 - A Night at the Roxbury CE$13.49$12.99$12.99 - - The Odd Couple: Season 2$27.29$34.99$27.99 - - Offside$19.99$24.99 - - - Outer Limits: Volume 2$22.49$19.99$19.99 - - Red Road$17.19$19.99$17.99 - - Return to Halloweentown$14.99$14.99$15.99 - - Samurai Jack: Season 4$22.49$22.99$19.99 - - Shredderman Rules!$18.69$19.99$19.99$14.99 - Waterloo Bridge (HK Import)$12.99 - $15.99 - - Year of the Dog$19.99$19.99$19.99$16.99 -

HD-DVD TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoBlades of Glory$27.95$29.99$39.99 - - Dawn of the Dead$19.95$24.99$29.98 - - Heroes: Season 1$69.99$71.99$99.99 - $69.89The Hurricane$19.95$24.99$29.98 - - Notting Hill$19.95$24.99$29.98 - -

BLU-RAY TITLEAmazonBestBuyCrcCityTargetCostcoNone this week. - - - - -

(CC) after a title = New release in the Criterion Collection.

Individual titles included in box sets listed above:

Carlito’s Way: Crime Saga Collection: Carlito’s Way, Carlito’s Way: Rise to Power.

The Disclaimer Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from their printed Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price.

"LP" in the RoundUp table means a store’s Sunday flyer says "Low Price". That means I could not locate a definite price for the item, and the ad is all I have to go on. Retailers use these phrases in advertisements so that they do not violate MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) agreements with the studios. Doing so can cost them thousands or even millions of dollars in co-op advertising funds.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week in the RoundUp. The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well as those which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers (and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this, and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don't complain! If there is a title not included in the RoundUp that you want to see, just look it up yourself, and be nice enough to post and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp. They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, so there is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR local Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, as always, Circuit City does not guarantee their sale prices in Hawaii.

The Specials

**BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL! Blades of Glory is available in both OAR and MAR versions...get the correct one!

--Best Buy is also advertising an EXCLUSIVE FREE BONUS DISC with its copies of Blades of Glory on DVD. Bonus disc includes deleted & extended scenes and interviews. Minimum 10 per store. No rainchecks.

--Best Buy also has a 2/$20 deal this week. Buy Blades of Glory ($16.99) with ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FOUR TITLES and get both titles for $20: Anchorman, Old School, Team America, Zoolander. Must be purchased on same receipt.

--Best Buy is also advertising AN EXCLUSIVE COMIC BOOK with its copies of Heroes: Season 1 on DVD. Minimum 18 per store. No rain checks.

--Best Buy has an immediate $10 savings, this week, with the purchase of Ugly Betty: Season 1 ($36.99) and ANY ONE of the following five TV on DVD sets ($49.99 apiece): Lost: Season 1, Lost: Season 2, Desperate Housewives: Season 1, Desperate Housewives: Season 2, Grey’s Anatomy: Season 2. Must be purchased on same receipt.

--Best Buy has a FREE T-SHIRT ON-PACK with its copies of Air Guitar Nation. Minimum 6 per store. No rain checks.

--Best Buy also has a sale this week on a number of TV shows on DVD. ALL seasons of the following shows are on sale for $14.99: 3rd Rock from the Sun, 21 Jumpstreet, Doogie Howser MD, F-Troop, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Gilligan’s Island, The Greatest American Hero, Grounded for Life, Invasion, Knot’s Landing, Kung Fu, Reba, Roseanne, The Pretender, Three’s Company, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.

--Best Buy also has another 2/$20 deal this week. Buy ANY TWO of the following titles ($14.99 apiece) and get them both for $20: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey’s treat, Return to Halloweentown, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody: Sweet Suite Victory, Cory in the House. Must be purchased on same receipt.

--Best Buy Odds and Ends:Best Buy has a number of DVDs listed for $3.99, $9.99 and $12.99.

--Circuit City has AN EXCLUSIVE FREE TRADING CARD SET with its copies of Heroes: Season 1 on DVD. Also, SAVE $5 ON THE PURCHASE OF A Heroes T-shirt at nbcstore.com with the DVD purchase.

--Circuit City has a FREE BLADES OF GLORY 32-PAGE QUOTE BOOK “THE WISDOM OF CHAZ” with its copies of Blades of Glory on DVD.

--Circuit City has the following “Will Ferrell” titles listed for $6.99: SNL Best of…#1, SNL Best of…#2, Anchorman, A Night at the Roxbury, Old School, Superstar.

--Circuit City Odds and Ends: Circuit City has a list of DVDs for sale @ $3.99 apiece. CC is also featuring a number of those “double feature” two packs for $7.49 apiece.

--Target is back with another of its EXLUSIVE DELUXE EDITIONS OF HEROES: SEASON 1. Includes 45 minutes of bonus content AND 4 miniature replicas of Isaac’s painting. Quantity limited. No rainchecks.

--Target Odds and Ends: Target has a selection of DVDs listed at $4.88 and $10.00 this week.

SPECIAL NOTICE: I’m unable to put together next week’s RoundUp in usual fashion…so I have put together the basic shell of the post but will be unable to post the week’s flyer ads. I will be back in full force the following week.

So, next week’s RoundUp may be posted up a little late (holiday weekend and all). As always, thanks to Patrick Sun for his help with all this.

Also, next week’s prices will be kinda rough as I am compiling prices now and don’t have access to flyer ads quite yet. But at least you’ll have an idea of upcoming releases.

Thanks for understanding.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City on sale DVD items:

$22.99:
National Lampoon's triple play (unrated): Van Wilder, Gold Diggers, Dorm Dazed

$19.99 each:
Year of the Dog
Wild Hogs
Fracture
Perfect Stranger
Disturbia

$19.99:
Patriot 4-Pack: Tears of the Sun, The Patriot, Glory, Black Hawk Down

$14.99:
John Singleton 3-pack: Higher Learning, Poetic Justice, Boyz in the Hood
Mob Box: Donnie Brasco, Bugsy, American Gangster, Snatch

$11.99:
Football collection: Radio, Jerry Maguire, Rudy
Bill Murray collection: Stripes (extended cut, Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day

$3.99 each:
...and Justice for All
Last Action Hero
The...Ban?
Cliffhanger
Johnny Neumonic
Starman
The Butcher's Wife
Against the Ropes
Dogville
28 Days
Hanging Up
Panic Room
Friday the 13th: Part ?
Rosemary's Baby
Used Cars
Amistad
Friday the 13th Part VIII?
Money Train
No Mercy
Good Burger
Eye of the Beholder
Troop Beverly Hills
Patch Adams
Runaway Bride
Booty Call
The Hours
Hope Floats
Indecent Proposal
Charlie's Angels 2 Unrated
The Hunted
The Saint
Internal Affairs
Submerged
Once Upon a Time in China
Once Upon a Time in China II
Universal SOldier
Hard Rain
Sugar Hill
Silver Bullet
Friday the 13th
Gia
Red Dragon
Monster
Bringing out the Dead

-------

Best Buy on sale DVD items:

2 for $20 Disney titles ($14.99 each):
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Treat
Return to Halloweentown
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody: Sweet Suite Victory
Cory in the House: All-Star Edition

$12.99 each (more titles available in store and online)
The Fountain
Letters from Iwo Jima
Hot Fuzz
Breach
Daddy's Little Girls
Norbit
Ghost Rider
Stomp The Yard

$9.99 each
The Devil Wears Prada
Stranger Than Fiction
X-Men: The Last Stand
Invincible

$3.99 each
Dirty Dancing: Ultimate Edition
The Doors: 15th Anniversary Edition
Crash
Lord of War
Reservoir Dogs: Ten Years Special Edition
The Devil's Rejects
Saw
Saw II
American Psycho: Killer Collector's Edition
The Invincible Iron Man (Marvel Animated)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Volume 2
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles: Volume 3?
Sands of Iwo Jima
Tyler Perry's Madea Goes To Jail
The Punisher
The Quiet Man: Collector's Edition
Requiem for a Dream
The Running Man
King of New York: Special Edition
L.A. Story: 15th Anniversary Edition
Terminator 2/Total Recall Double Feature
Black Mask/New Police Story Double Feature
Tyler Perry's Madea's Family Reunion
Van Wilder
Ultimate Avengers
Ultimate Avengers 2
Category 6: Day of Destruction
House of 1,000 Corpses
Young Guns
Monster's Ball
Pi
Belly
In The Mix
Glengary GlenRoss
Kids
National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 2
Hard Candy
Bound
Audition
Cujo

TV on DVD
$19.99 each:
Justice League Unlimited: Season 2
Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?: Season 3

$14.99 each: (every season for each show listed)
Grounded For Life
Three's Company
Gilligan's Island
Doogie Howser, M.D.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
3rd Rock From The Sun
Reba
Roseanne
21 Jumpstreet
Kung Fu
F-Troop
The Pretender
Knot's Landing
The Greatest American Hero
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea
Invasion

Blu-ray titles:
$34.99 each:
Night at the Museum
Eragon

$29.99 each:
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
Bridge to Terabithia
Wild Hogs
The Fountain
The Guardian
Happy Feet
Apocalypto

$24.99 each:
March of the Penguins
Terminator 2: Judgement Day

HD DVD titles:
$99.99:
Heroes: Season 1

$34.99:
Shooter

$29.99 each:
Hot Fuzz
Smokin' Aces
Happy Feet
The Fountain

$24.99 each:
Shaun of the Dead
March of the Penguins
The Bourne Identity
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Unrated)

---------

Target on sale DVD items:

$4.88 each:
Sense and Sensibility
La Bomba
Big Daddy
about a boy

$10 each:
Shrek 2
Marie Antoinette
Madea's Family Reunion
Stranger than Fiction

Page

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Thanks for putting it all together week after week and enjoy a relaxing Labor Day weekend.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks Mike and Patrick!

This is always as expensive time of year for me as many of last season's TV on DVD sets begin trickling out.

This week I will pick up Heroes: Season 1, Friday Night Lights: Season 1, The Odd Couple: Season 2, and for $14.99 at Best Buy, I will get season 4 of Doogie Howser, M.D. and complete my set.

JackKay

Second Unit
Again, Thanks Mike and Patrick! The first place I go every Sunday morning. Have a nice upcoming Holiday Weekend!

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Only Heroes for me. Trying to decide if the Target DE is worth it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Probably Heroes for me and possibly The Greatest American Hero (Guilty pleasure!).

Thanks guys!

Greg Layton

Second Unit
Real Name
Greg Layton
Speaking of guilty pleasures... I'm going to double dip on A Night at the Roxbury!

So anyways, I was standing there waiting to use the pay phone.
And this guy who was on the phone, turns around and tips his hat like this.
And who do you think that guy was?
Emilio Estevez.
The Mighty Duck man, I swear to God, I was there.
I was like, Emilioooooooo!!

One of the classic scenes in cinematic history... :)

Thanks Mike & Patrick!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heroes in HD. Maybe 3:10 to Yuma, since the trailer for the remake reminded me how good the original was.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, as always, Mike and Patrick.

Picking up a couple of NBC shows this week - Heroes (essentially, a blind buy as I've only seen the first 3 episodes) and Friday Night Lights (best new show of last season, IMO).

Enjoy the holiday weekend, guys.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Just a heads up that the Hereos HD DVD is advertised as $99.99 in their sales flyer, but the website says $71.99. I'll be taking a printout of the webpage with me on Tuesday to BB to make sure I get the lower price.

--John

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
Thanks Mike & Patrick, ... just a couple of HD DVD's from this group ...

1) HEROES: Season 1 ($59.45 via Amazon 10% OFF and 5% OFF TVGuide coupon)
2) Notting Hill ($17.95)

==========
FYI NOTE: There's a buy 3 HD DVDs (& Blu-Ray) and get 1 FREE @ Amazon.

Only certain HD DVD titles will work (can't comment on Blu-Ray) although which HD DVD Titles that qualify is not obvious. So, it requires some trial and error combinations to see the lowest price discount (usually $19.95). If you get the right combination, ... some @ AVS also got buy 2 HD DVDs and get 1 FREE to work.

Anyway, This HD DVD combination worked:

1) Sneakers
2) Superman - The Movie
3) Blue Planet [IMAX]
4) The Mummy
==========
Total: $51.87 / 4 = $12.97 each :D

Since I renewed my Amazon PRIME last year - all the above SH = FREE 2-day!!!

Phil

Rambina57

Auditioning
Real Name
Holly
Just a note: YMMV on getting ALL the tv seasons from the $14.99 Best Buy offer. F Troop Season 2 is not on sale at the Best Buy website, nor does it ring up as on sale at the store. You might be able to get it with the ad and an inattentive person at the register but Season 1 is what's pictured in the ad and the ad copy says "Includes all previous seasons" not all seasons. Not sure if this applies to any of the other series listed since I wasn't trying to get those.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always for the Weekly RoundUp Mike & Patrick.

Just Heroes: Season 1 for me this week (as a blind buy).

I had hoped to find it for around $35 at my local Wal-Mart today which almost always prices new releases lower than Best Buy or Circuit City. However it was at their regular price of $44.96. I asked a couple of associates in the department why it wasn't on sale - and they didn't have a clue. I'm guessing that it was not discounted because it contains exclusive Wal-Mart content (according to the sticker on the package):
Wal-Mart Exclusive
Bonus Disc
Contains Sneak Peek of Bionic Woman and
4 Episodes of Friday Night Lights
Another Wal-Mart Exclusive that I noticed was for Friday Night Lights: Season 1. It was in 2 separate packages marked:
FNL: S1 The First Half
FNL: S1 The Second Half
Both packages were stickered "Wal-Mart Exclusive" and each "Half" was priced at $10.96.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks