Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Alfred Hitchcock's Movies?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 of 12 OFFLINE   sonySunu

sonySunu

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 01:42 PM

Are there any Hitchcock fans out here? As for me, I am a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock.

Here are my top favourites from him.

1) Rebecca
2) Shadow of a Doubt
3) Psycho
4) Rear Window
5) Notorious

What are your top favourites, everyone?

#2 of 12 OFFLINE   Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen

Executive Producer

• 12,060 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 02:01 PM

It can be pretty hard to create a list with some many from which to choose—but Rear Window and Vertigo would be on my list I’d probably also find room for North by Northwest.
¡Time is not my master!

#3 of 12 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,309 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted June 14 2006 - 03:18 PM

In alphabetical order (I'm not into really ranking stuff), my faves are North By Northwest, Psycho, Rear Window, Shadow Of A Doubt, Strangers On A Train, and Vertigo. Honorable mention goes to The Birds, Frenzy, Lifeboat and Notorious.

#4 of 12 OFFLINE   Holadem

Holadem

Lead Actor

• 8,972 posts

Posted June 14 2006 - 04:05 PM

It's pretty hard to pick a favorite between Vertigo, Rear Window, Rebecca and Notorious.

On the other hand, I am no fan of North by Northwest (I dislike wrong men/mistaken identity plots) and Psycho (terribly dated).

--
H

#5 of 12 OFFLINE   sonySunu

sonySunu

Auditioning

• 7 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 01:12 AM

I haven't seen Frenzy yet. Is it a good movie?

#6 of 12 OFFLINE   ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter

• 1,657 posts

Posted June 15 2006 - 01:14 PM

I have a lot left to see, but I love Rope.

#7 of 12 OFFLINE   Albert_M

Albert_M

Supporting Actor

• 532 posts

Posted June 19 2006 - 09:22 AM

North by Northwest is my favorite movie of all time, but being such a Hitch fan in general, it's hard to pick a top 5.

However, I would say Notorious, Rear Window, Lifeboat.... I find Saboteur to be fascinating, as well as Rope,... Foreign Correspondent also is great war time Hitch.

#8 of 12 OFFLINE   Bryan Beckman

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit

• 272 posts

Posted June 19 2006 - 03:53 PM

I saw Notorious for the first time early last week. I loved every minute of it. Ingrid Bergman never looked so radiant, defiant, and vulnerable all at once. Just brilliant work by everyone involved.

I also saw North by Northwest for the first time on Saturday. I must say that I wanted to love it, but merely ended up respecting it instead. The dust-cropping sequence was outstanding, but I felt that Hitchcock gave away his cards too soon in relation to what was really going on with The Kaplan Identity. The film really had me hooked until then. It was fun to see all that great location shooting, though.

The next three Hitch flicks I'll see are Rear Window, Vertigo, and Shadow of a Doubt. But Notorious is near the top of my wish list.

#9 of 12 OFFLINE   Tim_C

Tim_C

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted June 20 2006 - 07:46 AM

"Vertigo" is my favorite film of all time, and "The 39 Steps" isn't too far behind. Other than that some of my favorites among his films (in no particular order) are "Notorious", "Spellbound", "Psycho", and "Strangers on a Train".

Phone rings,
Door chimes,
In comes
Company!

#10 of 12 OFFLINE   Manus

Manus

Second Unit

• 411 posts

Posted June 20 2006 - 11:21 AM

No particular order : Rebecca, Notorious, North by North west,Foreign Correspondent , Psycho , The Lady Vanishes, 39 Steps ,Vertigo........The Birds...I could go on Posted Image

they just dont make em like those any more ...

Oh..and 'Suspicion' too !!!

~M~
I have just two words to say to you..... Shut the f*** up !

#11 of 12 OFFLINE   David Hobbes

David Hobbes

Stunt Coordinator

• 107 posts

Posted June 22 2006 - 07:24 AM

North by Northwest
39 Steps
To Catch a Thief
Notorious

#12 of 12 OFFLINE   Josh.C

Josh.C

Second Unit

• 469 posts

Posted June 23 2006 - 05:00 AM

How can you not be a Hitchcock fan. The guy was brilliant, and I would give my left you know what, to see what he could do with today's technology. Not to take away from the great movies, because they don't need any help. Here is my top 5.

1. Vertigo - no doubt this is my favorite Hitchcock classic
2. The Man who knew too much - yes, I am a huge Jimmy Stewart fan
3. Rear Window
4. North by Northwest
5. Psycho

To Catch a Thief gets an honorable mention

Since we are on the subject. Several years ago I went to the movies and saw "What Lies Beneath" with Harrison Ford. I didn't know what to expect, but was amazed at the Hitchcockesque shots in the film. Ex. the part when Michelle Phiefer's character was trying to start the truck, the shadow of Ford getting up, the reflection in the rear view mirror, just to name a few. Did anyone else notice that the whole movie was full of vintage Hitchcock film techniques? I absolutely loved it, and now own the movie. If you haven't seen it, go rent it today!

JC