Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with TIVO

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael_Victor

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 01:12 AM

I have had TIVO for about 4 to 5 months now and recently, I have been recording shows that right after they finish recording, they delete themselves. I don't understand. Last night I was clearly recording "Two and a Half Men" because I saw it on my record list. I went back after it was done and it was gone!!! I have space because my system usually deletes an older show. Any help is great.

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter

• 1,573 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 07:16 AM

This was in your "To do list"?
Do you have a lot of episodes of that show already on the Tivo, and a "keep at most n episodes" & "keep until I delete" set in the options of the season pass? That seems the most likely culprit.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael_Victor

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 09:39 AM

i have some, "Until I delete" shows but I also have alot of yellow or shows with the yellow and the ! mark. so I figured it would just kick off the older shows when I record a new one. I just found it odd that it would delete right after it finished recording.

additional note, (didn't mention because I didn't want anyone to assume right off the bat, this was the problem).

I have had the phone disconnected for (according to tivo) 21 days, but this problem only started occuring 2 days ago. I wouldn't think this would be it but I guess stranger things have happened.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter

• 1,573 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 12:07 PM

The only time it should delete immediately after record rather than an older "!" show would be if you have a "keep at most" on the show.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Pamela

Pamela

Supporting Actor

• 779 posts

Posted March 08 2005 - 04:29 PM

Go to "to do list," then go to "view recorded history." It will tell you why a particular show was deleted or did not record.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael_Victor

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator

• 110 posts

Posted March 09 2005 - 01:09 AM

Thanks for the help, I will look into tonight. Posted Image