What's new

Problem with TIVO (1 Viewer)

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
I have had TIVO for about 4 to 5 months now and recently, I have been recording shows that right after they finish recording, they delete themselves. I don't understand. Last night I was clearly recording "Two and a Half Men" because I saw it on my record list. I went back after it was done and it was gone!!! I have space because my system usually deletes an older show. Any help is great.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
This was in your "To do list"?
Do you have a lot of episodes of that show already on the Tivo, and a "keep at most n episodes" & "keep until I delete" set in the options of the season pass? That seems the most likely culprit.

Michael_Victor

Stunt Coordinator
i have some, "Until I delete" shows but I also have alot of yellow or shows with the yellow and the ! mark. so I figured it would just kick off the older shows when I record a new one. I just found it odd that it would delete right after it finished recording.

additional note, (didn't mention because I didn't want anyone to assume right off the bat, this was the problem).

I have had the phone disconnected for (according to tivo) 21 days, but this problem only started occuring 2 days ago. I wouldn't think this would be it but I guess stranger things have happened.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
The only time it should delete immediately after record rather than an older "!" show would be if you have a "keep at most" on the show.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
Go to "to do list," then go to "view recorded history." It will tell you why a particular show was deleted or did not record.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks