What's new

Harmony Hub & Companion - TiVo power cycle issues (1 Viewer)

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Recently bought the hub and companion. I have a major issue that never occurred with my other Harmony remotes. I have a TiVo Premiere for my cable tv feed. When leaving a "watching cable tv" activity to watch a DVD for example a power command appears to be sent to the box. The Tivo box and remote have no power toggle or on/off buttons. It is always meant to be powered on unless unplugged. However, I see the green ready light disappear when switching to my disc player.

I found the pointless power toggle command under the Tivo device on the Harmony app. Is there anyway to prevent this nonsense? I don't get how this is happening now but never did with my other remotes.

I suppose I could try to add an additional Start-up command to follow the Power Down command when the End activity completes. However, what happens if there is a recording in progress? This is a very real problem for me. Any suggestions out there?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks