What's new

Speaker Wire (1 Viewer)

Quinn

Stunt Coordinator
Does a high quality speaker wire really make a large difference in sound quality? I went and listened to Paradigm Titans with the CC-170 center and think I will purchase them this weekend (thanks for the recommendations). I currently use the wire which came with my Kenwood HTB-503 system. Should that be upgraded? If so, how high end do you really need to go?

Thanks,
Quinn

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Quinn,

I wouldn't go crazy on wire, but I would migrate to a sturdier and better constructed wire than the freebie HTB ones.

Lots of online cables available for little cash,or go to Radio Shack and pick out some cables that meet your budget.

Pricy cables are for the guys who either have the cash, or the ears that tell that auditory part of the brain that it is time to "upgrade". It is a road you do not want to go down...nervosa lane ;*)
Seriously, a company like Audio Research (AR) sells cables at BB and CC that are well made and will last a few seasons. You will always hear the music regardless of what cables you choose. If down the road you want to try pricier cables, then you will have a baseline to start from. That simple.
Give AR cables a try.
I'm sure other people will chime in with budget options as well.

Good Luck,

BOK

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It seems the original post was for speaker wires, though the above recommendations are excellent for interconnects. Radio shack or AR cables are great, monster is a little pricey for what you get. Belden/Canare pro cables are also vey high quality and available from places like bluejeans, heartland, etc on the web.

As for speaker wire, the usual recommendation is just 12 gauge, you can get it anywhere, big spools from parts express, or home depot, or cut to whatever length you want.

Heres a thread from today, if you search the forum youll get tons more info:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=191971

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks