Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

S-video to Component converter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 Brooks

Brooks

Extra

• 22 posts

Posted August 08 2003 - 09:44 AM

OK, so my Ht is nearly complete. All my video signals except one will be component. The one that is not component can output either composite or s-video.

I know that no dongle will take s-video data and turn it into "HDTV." That's not my goal. I simply want to take the data and pass it to the receiver in component format (realizing there is no increase in picture quality) so that I can avoid a long run of S-video cable to my front projector and have only the run of component which is going to it.

I have looked at parts express, markertek, etc. and see S-video to composite or vice versa converters but no S-video to component converters.

Does anyone know if such a beast exists?

#2 of 2 Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith

Stunt Coordinator

• 122 posts

Posted August 08 2003 - 10:41 AM

This looks like it could do the trick, but at $159, it's not exactly a cheap solution.

If you're willing to spend that much, you may want to consider looking into a new receiver that can do the upconverting for you...

Good luck,
Jonathan