What's new

Lucas: Indy4 in production -this year-... (1 Viewer)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Yeah this is interesting.

I thought the movie was slated for a July 2005 release? That would be real cool because Episode III comes out in May, making it a Lucasfilm summer.

If they shoot this year, does that mean a July 2004 release?

Chris

Senior HTF Member
If it's filmed this summer, I'd think either a next May release or Winter release.. it would be odd! But would be a good way to prevent it and Episode III competing with each other, which may be something they want, and might be a good trade off to get Speilberg or let someone else direct Episode III... (which wouldn't be bad either)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Chris, I agree. If they film it this year, then I think we will see it come out in 2004, be it late spring, summer or Thanksgiving/Christmas time.

If it's not too effects-heavy, this may be a good time for GL to work on this before things really get cranking for Episode III.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Going into production this year doesn't necessarily mean that it will be finished with production this year. It could go into production late this year and not wrap up production until 2004 and still have a year post to make it for summer 2005. I think this will be a much more effects heavy picture than the other three and will require the extra post time.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
In old interviews, Lucas and Spielberg always said they wanted to make an Indiana Jones "Haunted House" type picture. If so, that would require a lot of special effects!

Could be interesting...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
See I'm the opposite, I don't think you need a lot of special effects to make a good Indy movie. It's all story, action and Ford's performance that are the meat of those movies.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I agree, but judging by the recent Star Wars films and Lucas's love affair with his computers, I think this one will have more effects than the previous three. I don't think we'll notice them as much. There won't be creatures like Star Wars, but I'd expect for there to be plenty of CGI sets and the like.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Maybe they'll get it shot and edited well before John Williams is brought on to score it. That way he'll actually be viewing a completed film and not a work in progress that is constantly changing (like Attack of the Clones was in post-production) and his score will not be edited severely, the way it was in both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Hey I can dream, can't I?

Neil

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I think this will be a much more effects heavy picture than the other three and will require the extra post time.
Definately, all that CGI to make Harrison Ford look passible in the role will take time. Or maybe they'll use the Count Dooku trick :)
I think Spielberg always delivers a finished film to Williams, unlike Lucas, I could be wrong though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The new movie will take place in the mid 50's instead of the 30s/early 40s. This will help cover the age disparity

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Indy finds a new primitive race of beings in the jungles of South America. He meets their spokesperson.
Weesa moy glad to be seein you. Weesa been gardin dees valuable artifacts here until someone can put them in a museum. Yousa gonna do that, okeeda! Uh-oh, here come the bad guys, crunch time. :crazy:
Seriously though, I can see the story in the 50's and it won't take a lot to make Ford look ~15-20 years older than he did in Last Crusade, (just a few years younger than his chronological age now). But I don't see that really leaving room for his father to be in it. I was thinking something like he's basically in retirement now, does a little free-lance speaking on archaelogy around the country from time to time. Well Marcus, (also retired) has been approached by the museum about finding some other important artifact, and he goes to Indy to make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks