What's new

Why are the Star Trek season sets $100, and the movies $12.99? (1 Viewer)

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I'm another casual watcher that would love TNG on DVD, but no way I'll spend over $50/season for it.

I wish my local library would get them in so I could get them there as they got in TOS and DS9.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll ask....

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
You can also rent TNG from Netflix. It's kind of a mixed bag, because it tends to occupy your queue slots for a long time (when you could be renting movies). But it's one way to do it.

I rented some of them from Netflix during a time when I was trying out the (horrid) Blockbuster DVD rental service when it was in beta test. It alleviated some of my no-movie madness during that time. :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

Possibly more. Know one knows for sure, but I'm sure Paramount's "experts" have looked at this possibility and weighed different options.

I won't pay more than $30.00 for any TV show season.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Score, just put on hold seasons 1-5 at the library (Inter library loan). some reason they do not have 6 & 7, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

Stan Rozenfeld

Stunt Coordinator
I am a big fan of Star Trek TOS and Star Trek The Next Generation. For me, DS9 was hit and miss, didn't care for Voyager at all, and quit watching Enterprise halfway through season 2.

I would love to have all seasons of TOS and next Generation, but not at the current price. I won't pay more than $50 a season for a TV show. Babylon 5 is another one of my favorite shows, and recently I was able to get it for about $50 a season, so my money went for Babylon 5. If they ever lowered the prices, I would definitely get TOS and Next Generation.

Star Trek The First Contact is my favorite Star Trek film, so I will either get the new collector's edition, or wait till hd-dvd release that's scheduled later in the year.

George See

Second Unit
Seems like i'm certainly not in the minority on not going over 50.00 for a season of tv. There's a lot of TV I would buy if it was 50.00 or less. Star Trek, Sopranos, Band of Brothers, The Monkeys, SCTV...and a few more.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Could be worse. I paid $25 a piece for 40 volumes. They're all sitting in a cd travel case on my shelf and are NOT getting upgraded.

And if TNG ever dropped below $50, I'd be persuaded to buy the entire series. At $100 I've picked up NOTHING.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
My limit is the $40s. Buffy, Angel, Firelfy, all easy purchases. Something like Tru Calling which hovers around $45 is iffy. And something like Paramount's Star Trek tv shows at a $100 each is absolutely out of the question.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks