What's new

Directors What's the absolute worst movie you've ever seen? (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Sleeping with the Enemy. Granted, it's been quite some time since I saw it. I was rather young at the time, but it's one of the first movies that I turned my nose up at. And not because of a love story, or anything like that. I just remember thinking, "man, this is the worst piece of shit I ever saw." I'm sure there have been worse, but it made the biggest impression on me.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
...as did I - 24 posts earlier! :frowning:
Finding out the hard way that nobody reads my posts...:frowning:
What really cracks me up is the fact that you actually went back and counted how many posts there were between yours and mine Scott! :D
Perhaps you shouldn't look at it as though nobody reads your posts. Rather, Jack Briggs doesn't read your posts, but he reads mine! :D
On the other hand, not only do I apparently read your posts, I also plagiarize from them! :eek:

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
The worst movie ever
The Refrigerator
This movie is about an evil refrigerator in some old apartment building. It ate people. If you ever get the chance, rent it. You will think Battle Field Earth is a great movie. Yes it is that bad.
The Refrigerator-No survivors, only leftovers

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Aww, you're just saying that because I'm on the last chapter of this Forge of God novel! :laugh: (BTW, PM me your mailing address and I'll send it along once I'm done with it!)
Oh, and just to honor the topic at hand, here's another movie I hate:
Blues Brothers 2000
Sure it has some great musical numbers in it blah blah blah but movies aren't concerts and this movie is a nauseating slap in the face to John Belushi and I wish it had never been made and I don't wanna see Chmiel showing up whining here because he actually likes this pathetic manure-heap.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'll mention Armageddon, because four years later I haven't seen a movie I liked less. There have been a few challengers.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Nothing But Trouble . (Chevy Chase, Demi Moore). Not only was this totally awful, but supposedly, the studio chose to fund this movie, and not devote any other $$$ to Malcolm X. What a joke.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Last night I watched Can't Stop the Music and it was horrible in a humorous sort of way. Throughout the whole film I was thinking that I could have written a better screenplay than that, but then again I can't say that it was a wholly unsatisfying experience. After all, how much depth should be expected from a film about the Village People?:)
Link Removed

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
The worst movie I've ever seen is I Spit On Your Grave. I don't even like mentioning it because then I have to remember that I've seen it, and unfortunately, I'm unable to forget it. You'll find it next to Excrement in the dictionary.
Agreed, that is the one movie for me that popped into my head when I read the thread title. Not only do I want the time I invested watching it back, I want the last two minutes of my life back that I spent remembering this film. Ack.

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Based strictly on production quality: I Was a Teenage Zombie.
However, I would much rather watch an inept piece of crap that wasn't trying to sell me some stupid pretentious message about the human condition. There is little I hate more than being preached to by a movie. The fact that a movie has the benefit of high production values, a good cast and an experienced director and yet it still stinks up the screen is, to me, a much more egregious offense. So, if you ask me, the worst movie I ever saw was Scent of a Woman.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I will probably bet nobody has seen it, but when I was on a snow trip I stayed in a friend's cabin and there was a movie called Ninja Cop, needless to say this movie was easily the worst film I have ever seen. It took itself seriously as well, it was a good laugh and I even stole it so I could show some other people. The movie isn't even listed on imdb. :)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The Eternal Question. One answer.
That's right...this isn't an opinion question. This is a question looking for a fact. I will supply (again) as usual (again) the correct answer to this question.
It has been said before on this thread, but without the appropriate amount of hate.
Batman and Robin is the $10 answer.
This is the most lamentable achievement in the sordid history of storytelling. I have contributed thousands of words to various threads to display the sheer horrific nature of this abominable turd. I have had to MAKE up new words because the English language does not have sufficient capacity to adequately illustrate the deleterious effects this "motion picture" has had on humanity.
The great critics may argue and gnash teeth over the "greatest film" ever made. But we know what lies at the bottom of the festering pile of trash.
Take care,
Chuck

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Far and away, the absolute worst movie I've ever seen and possibly the worst movie ever made is....
Troll II
I've seen many of the movies mentioned on this thread, and not a single one (not even Manos!) comes close. Funny thing is I wouldn't mind owning it because it's also one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
Any word on a DVD release for this one?

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Chuck- I've run out of energy to keep hating Batman and Robin, which is why I so casually refer to it. But, in a similar thread last year I did say something like "I hate this movie with the white-hot intensity of a thousand supernovas", if that makes you feel any better. ;)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I think the worst movie I've seen lately is Swordfish. I can't believe I wasted 2 hours of my life on that stinkbomb. I think the all time has to go to the film Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's so bad it's entertaining to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks