Auditioning
Real Name
John
5.1 system:

NHT Classic 3's

NHT 3C

NHT Super Zero Xu's (surrounds)

Onix X-sub

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
I don't have much. I have 2 Dual bookshelf speakers and 2 bose bookshelf speakers hooked up to a old 110x7 Yamaha receiver.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I don't have much
We all had to start somewhere Bobby. My first store bought speakers (from Macys, believe it or not) were Fisher 3 way 12'ers. At the time I thought they were a huge upgrade from the Scott's my brother gave me. Used them for years because I didn't know any better. Finding this forum at such a young age puts you way ahead of the game.

mazersteven

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Mazer
bobbyg2 said:
I don't have much. I have 2 Dual bookshelf speakers and 2 bose bookshelf speakers hooked up to a old 110x7 Yamaha receiver.
It's not what you have that's important. It's that you have something. In this hobby, like anything else in life. Someone is always going to have something better. So don't think you "don't have much". Just think you most likely have more then someone else.
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif

Patrick Young

Stunt Coordinator
Living Room: Front L&R my wife's Snell JIIIs
Center Paradigm CC-470
Surrounds Paradigm ADP-170's
Garage: Genesis Physics 1+
opps almost forgot the sub Paradigm PW-2100

Lemon0309

Auditioning
Real Name
Lem
Ok I feel out of place being the only non-surround set up yet, but
L&R Mirage M1 :)
Considering: Kef XQ2C, and Mirage V2 for rears

Ben_Caoile

Agent
Real Name
Ben Caoile
Mains: JBL Studio Series S38-II
Center: JBL Studio Series S-Center
Surrounds: Jbl Studio Series S36-II
Sub: Sony Home-Theater-In-A-Box 50w poo-poo
SVS 25-31PCi after income tax return
htf_imgcache_6781.gif

I live in a small 1 bedroom apartment, just having overhead for a bigger place. ;)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Lemon0309 said:
Ok I feel out of place being the only non-surround set up yet, but
Mine isn't surround actually, I have 2 pairs of fronts. And I'm sure the Mirage M1's are better than a pair of Dual 80W speakers and Bose 40W (80Wmax) speakers.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htf/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=612

pumedog

Auditioning
Real Name
Matt
Paradigm Phantoms (Front)

Paradigm CC170 V.2 (Center)

Paradigm PDR10 (Sub)

4x Sony Surrounds (From an old HTIB)

Matt

Darylomer12

Auditioning
Real Name
Daryl Demangelaere
Klipsch:7.1>>

RF-3's FRONT R/L

RC-7 Center

RS-35's Side Surrounds

RB-3 Rear Surrounds

SVS Pb10-Isd

dtaylor

Auditioning
Real Name
Doug
This is my first post,here's what i have:

Centre channel-Klipsch RC-64

Fronts-Klipsch RF-63

Surrounds-Nuance towers

Surround backs-Nuance bookshelves.

Subs-2 Polk PSW-1000 set diagonally across the room

cwhite

Second Unit
Polk RTi8, smaller Polk bookshelf speakers(forgot model number), Bose 401 in the bedroom and Infinity Kappa 5.1 in computer room.

Patman

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Gattafoni
I initally bought a Yamaha YHT270 system, but quickly upgraded the sub to a Polk Audio PSW10, and changed the two front speakers to PSB Alpha B1s. I haven't bothered to move the "rear" speakers that came with the system yet, so they are just sitting up front right now too. But the way I've got my Yamaha amplifier set up (with the mode set to "straight") I only hear sound coming out of the sub and the PSB speakers most of the time anyhow. Even though it's not a true surround sound right now, it still sounds incredible! Eventually I will buy two more PSB Alpha B1s and use them for the rear speakers, then I'll get a PSB center speaker as well. I've very impressed with the PSBs, they are simply an awesome speaker!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know I posted my main system early in this thread, but figured I might as well post the little system I have in the family room as well, which is...
L/R RCA omnidirectional models from Radio Shack, which are actually surprisingly decent, after a pretty extensive break-in period, for $75/ea on sale, a matching (not omnidirectional) center, surrounds are Tandberg Fassets (now, that is a blast from the past) and a pair of Definitive Research SW10s. Yes, those are the original HSU subs, before they changed their name to avoid confusion with another manufacturer.
Bobby, when the day comes that you stop referring to speakers by their rated wattage handling, you'll finally start getting it.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
JohnRice said:
Bobby, when the day comes that you stop referring to speakers by their rated wattage handling, you'll finally start getting it.
Just for reference ;)
I'm not very happy with what I got, for $20, sure the Duals were a good deal, and they sound better than the bose. But, they still have a bad sound to them. Overly bright, and I don't like that. It's almost painfully bright actually... I wish I had returned these when I brought them home... As for the Bose, don't make me get started on them... ;)

marcIs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
marc turcotte
I have Polks all around except for my sub

Towers: Polk RTI 12s

Center : Polk CSI 5

surounds: Pollk FX 5

Sub: Infinty PSW 10

wired up with monster

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Vandersteen Model 2C mains, VCC-1 center, Paradigm ADP-370 rears and an Adire Rava sub.
I would like to replace the 2Cs with 3A Sigs and move the 2Cs to the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BioProf
Recent bookmarks