What's new

Is Origin Acoustics any good? (1 Viewer)

Necros

Agent
Real Name
Tim
We're having a new house built and they have a service that will install home theater speakers or just wiring for you. The speakers they are using are from Origin Acoustics, who I never heard of. I don't have a very large budget, maybe $3000 max, so I was thinking of having them do just the wiring and I'd buy my own separate speakers. What I really would like to get are at least 2 in-ceiling speakers for Atmos, but none of that is mentioned in their brochure. I was thinking of going with Polk for my speakers, but just wondering if I might be better off with one of the speaker packages they offer. My room is going to be very big, 18x38', but the HT area is going to be more like 18x18 with a partition separating that from the rest of the space that will be a game room.

Here's the brochure page listing their services. I just thought it would be best to at least get them to do the speaker wiring in the wall so I don't have to worry about that later.

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 9.37.05 AM.png

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
They are good speakers. The founders of Origin created Speakercraft in the 80s and invented the first in wall speaker. After they sold Speakercraft, they took a few years off and then started Origin. I prefer the D65 and up. The cool thing about these is that the hole size for the 6" speaker will accommodate their 8" speaker if you want to update down the road.
I use Origin outdoor speakers around our pool and installed D67's in our daughter's home.
Are there better speakers? Yes, of coarse, but for the price these are very good speakers.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would make sure your seating is exactly where you want it so you can place your Atmos speakers in the exact spot. If all your other speakers are going to be Polk I wouldn't get the Origin speakers for Atmos height channels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks