What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-29-2011 (1 Viewer)

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
My local Costco has the first four seasons of Mad Men on Blu for $11.99 each.

Originally Posted by Malcolm R

That may or may not be a valid price. I bought two seasons of True Blood today at Sam's Club and they seemed aghast that they were marked for such a low price (when scanned, the register charged $37.98...I had to bring it to the cashier's attention). They had to get two managers involved and for a moment I wasn't sure if I was going to get the $18.88 price, even though they were clearly price-tagged at that amount (one manager asked the other if she "should override both, or just one?"). I did get the low price on both, but I think after the override the manager sprinted to the DVD section to pull them off the shelves to be re-priced.
So, as usual, YMMV on this sale. If you can find sets that are actually price-tagged with the $18.88 price, I don't see how they can refuse to honor it. They also had season sets of Bones and The Tudors marked $12.88.
I also saw The Smurfs for sale today in at least one store. Wasn't that supposed to be a Friday release?
/t/316488/weekly-roundup-11-29-2011#post_3875417

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Jeff Cooper

My local Costco has the first four seasons of Mad Men on Blu for $11.99 each.

That's an unbelievably good deal.

Best prices I've seen on those (especially Season 4--which I was feeling really good about paying $14.99 for on amazon over Black Friday weekend).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Weren't the Mad Men discs that cheap last year on Black Friday? Last weekend Costco was selling those HBO season sets for a similarly cheap price. I forget exactly how much, but I'm pretty sure it was under $20.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Aaron Silverman said:
Weren't the Mad Men discs that cheap last year on Black Friday? Last weekend Costco was selling those HBO season sets for a similarly cheap price. I forget exactly how much, but I'm pretty sure it was under $20.
Do you mean this year? Mad Men seasons were 8.99 each at Amazon and Best Buy last week though the Amazon's were Lightning Deals. I got S 1-3 for $10 each last BF and S4 from BB for 8.99 this year. 11.99 still isn't bad if you like the series and you have a Costco nearby and always YMMV whether it will be in your local store.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
No, I'm pretty sure I remember them being really cheap last year too. Maybe season 4 wasn't discounted yet, though. $12 ain't bad, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks