What's new

Weekly RoundUp 11-29-2011 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
--Get a FREE $10 BEST BUY GIFT CARD if you buy $50 of Blu-ray titles...or, GET a FREE $20 BEST BUY GIFTCARD if you buy $100 of Blu-ray titles @ BB. Offer valid 11-27-11 thru 12-10-11 and excludes music Blu-ray titles. Gift card is good toward a future purchase/ $20 maximum gift card award value. Products must be purchased on sam receipt to receive the gift card. Online offer may vary.

--Best Buy has DAILY PLANET T-SHIRTS available with copies of this week's release of Smallville: Season 10. (For the following "premium" prices: DVD/$42.99 or Blu-ray/$47.99). Meanwhile, Best Buy's got an EXCLUSIVE CLARK KENT ACTION FIGURINE with its copies of Smallville: The Complete Series.

--Save $6 @ Best Buy when you buy BOTH Disney's Prep & Landing and Beauty & the Beast: Enchanted Christmas.

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 255)]--Best Buy is advertising MOVIE CASH TO SEE THE MUPPETS when you purchase one of the following DVD titles: [/COLOR]The Great Muppet Caper ($11.99), The Muppet Movie ($11.99), or The Muppet Show: S1 ($19.99). Up to $12 value. Expires 1-1-12.

--The following Blu-rays are $7.99 @ Best Buy: Crimson Tide, Spaceballs, Bad Santa, No Country for Old Men, Tommy Boy, Major League, Varsity Blues, Matrix Reloaded, Ocean's Twelve. More in-store.

--Best Buy has the following TV Shows on DVD/Blu on sale this week:

$49.99: The Tudors: Complete Series (15-disc DVD

$54.99: Planet Earth LE (6-disc DVD)

$69.99: Planet Earth LE (6-disc Blu)

$89.99: Deadwood: Complete Series
(19-disc DVD), Six Feet Under: Complete Series (24-disc DVD)

$109.99: The Wire: Complete Series (23-disc DVD)

$119.99: Sex and the City: Complete Series (20-disc DVD)

--Best Buy Odds and Ends: Some Disney Holiday DVDs on sale this week.

--Target, this week, has EXCLUSIVE SMURFETTE PACKAGING with its copies of The Smurfs Blu-ray Combo Pack! Woohoo!

--Target also has an EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC with its Blu-ray Combo Pack of Friends With Benefits.

--Target Odds and Ends: A List of Blu and DVD titles for $9.99...and some holiday titles on sale..

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike. A few Redbox rentals in the mix, but no purchases for me this week. I spent more than I was intending to on Friday.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks a bunch Mike. I am a little confused about the release date of Friends with Benefits. I assume it is a typo - December 2 instead of December 12. I will be getting FWB and 30 minutes or less.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Adam Lenhardt said:
Thanks as always, Mike. A few Redbox rentals in the mix, but no purchases for me this week. I spent more than I was intending to on Friday.
Tell me about it, I'm as poor as a Church Mouse! :D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll get 30 Rock when it goes on sale but there's nothing I'll be picking up this week. While I'm not buying them, Our Idiot Brother and 30 Minutes Or Less were both worth renting. Thanks for the prices! :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Added One Day to the Netflix queue, but otherwise nothing jumps out at me (until Smallville can be had for $25).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TravisR

I'll get 30 Rock when it goes on sale but there's nothing I'll be picking up this week.

Me, too. No rush.

Can't figure out why they won't release 30 Rock on blu...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tony J Case said:
Didnt Torchwood come out this week? Anyone got the prices on that one?
If you're referring to Miracle Day, it's a UK release only. Amazon's selling it as an import. EDIT: Despite being shot 24p, it's a 1080i50 release, so anyone who's thinking about importing needs to make sure both their Blu-Ray player and their TV can handle 50Hz content.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Mike Frezon said:
A link to Richard's review of 30 Minutes or Less is now included on the OP.
Thanks for the review Richard and the link up Mike. Looks like another one bites the dust for this week and I am down to Friends with benefits and I don't think I can resist any hi-def presentation with Mila Kunis in it. Hopefully a review soon?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't pass by the display with the Adele concert CD/DVD pack at Target! Can't wait to hear and see it!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Another Earth and The Art of Getting By showed up today, so those reviews will be forthcoming over the next couple of evenings.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Don't know if already mentioned but Sam's Club selling full season sets of The Sopranos, Rome, The Wire, Deadwood, and True Blood for $18.88 a piece.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH.

Another Earth and The Art of Getting By showed up today, so those reviews will be forthcoming over the next couple of evenings.

And Matt has posted his review of Another Earth. A link is now in the OP.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Richard V said:
Don't know if already mentioned but Sam's Club selling full season sets of The Sopranos, Rome, The Wire, Deadwood, and True Blood for $18.88 a piece.
That may or may not be a valid price. I bought two seasons of True Blood today at Sam's Club and they seemed aghast that they were marked for such a low price (when scanned, the register charged $37.98...I had to bring it to the cashier's attention). They had to get two managers involved and for a moment I wasn't sure if I was going to get the $18.88 price, even though they were clearly price-tagged at that amount (one manager asked the other if she "should override both, or just one?"). I did get the low price on both, but I think after the override the manager sprinted to the DVD section to pull them off the shelves to be re-priced. So, as usual, YMMV on this sale. If you can find sets that are actually price-tagged with the $18.88 price, I don't see how they can refuse to honor it. They also had season sets of Bones and The Tudors marked $12.88. I also saw The Smurfs for sale today in at least one store. Wasn't that supposed to be a Friday release?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Malcolm R said:
That may or may not be a valid price. I bought two seasons of True Blood today at Sam's Club and they seemed aghast that they were marked for such a low price (when scanned, the register charged $37.98...I had to bring it to the cashier's attention). They had to get two managers involved and for a moment I wasn't sure if I was going to get the $18.88 price, even though they were clearly price-tagged at that amount (one manager asked the other if she "should override both, or just one?"). I did get the low price on both, but I think after the override the manager sprinted to the DVD section to pull them off the shelves to be re-priced. So, as usual, YMMV on this sale. If you can find sets that are actually price-tagged with the $18.88 price, I don't see how they can refuse to honor it. They also had season sets of Bones and The Tudors marked $12.88. I also saw The Smurfs for sale today in at least one store. Wasn't that supposed to be a Friday release?
Interesting. The store I went to had them all tagged at that price. I thought it might be wrong also, but each and every one i examined were priced that way. I dont see how they could refuse to honor the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks