What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– The Abyss – 1989
full

– Wish – 2023
full

– All That Money Can Buy – 1941
full

– The Shootist – 1976
full

– True Lies – 1994
full

– Anyone But You – 2023
full

– Aliens –...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
THIS is a week that a lot of RoundUppers have been waiting for.

So many titles-of-interest!

I hope upon hope there’s something for you. Let us know.

Safe shopping! :D

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
The Abyss, True Lies, Poor Things, and Aquaman 2. I have been waiting for a home release of True Lies for what seems like forever.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I hope upon hope there’s something for you
Thank you, Mike, as always -- but especially so this week with so many titles. There are too many things that interest me to get them all at once.

My first priority is actually something you didn't list in the Roundup, the Japanese film Suzume from director Makoto Shinkai. It had a brief theatrical run in the United States last April and has taken a very long time to come to disc. I'm very much looking forward to seeing it again. It is a beautiful and exciting movie and worth seeking out for anyone who might be interested. Amazon has it for $28.99. Gruv has it for $26.24, which is the lowest price I could find, so I'm trying Gruv for the first time with this release. It is definitely the best animated film being released this week. (*cough*)

71WZcjCHhcL._SL1500_.jpg
I'm also getting the new The Color Purple musical right away. Hopefully The Color Purple musical finds a wider audience at home because I thought it was better than its low box office might suggest. Gruv also has The Color Purple musical for less than Amazon, so I put that in with my Suzume order.

I liked Anyone But You and Poor Things in theaters for very different reasons and would like them in my collection at some point. But some stuff has got to wait on such a crowded release week. I don't mind paying release week prices for movies I really want, but I've got to draw the line somewhere. Maybe The Prince of Egypt musical at some point, too.

I've never seen The Abyss and True Lies and was waiting for Blu-rays. Since I don't want to blind buy at 4K prices, if I can't use the 4K I might do a digital rental.

It feels weird not to buy the new Walt Disney Animation Studios release. Normally, I would be all over that. But unfortunately Wish was the absolute worst movie I saw last year and should be an embarrassment to a studio I know is capable of so much better. So I don't want it and would not recommend it.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
An expensive week for me as I have at least a dozen titles that I'm going to purchase including six 4K/UHD releases.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I have some real concerns about the Cameron 4Ks. I preordered them a while back and they are still at the "we'll send you a date when we know when they'll ship" stage. So I'm worried that demand is far outstripping supply and who knows when I'll get the discs.

Other discs I preordered with the same release date are already updated to say I'll receive them on release date or the day after.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I have some real concerns about the Cameron 4Ks. I preordered them a while back and they are still at the "we'll send you a date when we know when they'll ship" stage. So I'm worried that demand is far outstripping supply and who knows when I'll get the discs.

Other discs I preordered with the same release date are already updated to say I'll receive them on release date or the day after.
Yeah, Disney realized that people wanted these movies bad enough that they had to announce them monthS earlier than is normal and they even had to announce the date that they'd be available for pre-order and the pre-orders were so high that many retailers had to stop taking orders for a while but even with all the hype and all the lead time, they somehow couldn't quite figure out that the discs would sell and now Disney is somehow caught off-guard by the demand that they created.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I have some real concerns about the Cameron 4Ks. I preordered them a while back and they are still at the "we'll send you a date when we know when they'll ship" stage.
Did you order from Amazon? If so, that is likely your problem. Disney and Amazon have been in an ongoing feud since 2017 or so and Amazon has not been reliable on Disney pre-orders since. If you're using Amazon, I would recommend shifting to another retailer.

If you didn't use Amazon and are still experiencing the problem, then it probably is an issue related to the demand.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah it was through Amazon. I don't have an account anywhere else, and Best Buy I understand has stopped carrying physical media in their stores (though admittedly I haven't been to my local one in months).

What's weird is that other Disney things, like the Mandalorian and Scarlet Witch, I was able to get quickly through Amazon.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Very busy week for me, and I'm not sure I will be able to get to them all before street date:

Wish (4K-Walmart Exclusive):

The Abyss:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
My pre-order from Gruv of Suzume and The Color Purple musical were shipped early in order to arrive around street date. They actually both showed up today. So I have them a few days early, which is great. I've never used Gruv before, but this was a very positive experience. I also contacted their customer service with a small issue and got a prompt response and immediate resolution the next business day no questions asked. I'm definitely happy with this.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
My Amazon preorders for the Cameron 4K still haven't been updated from preorder status. I'll give them until release date to give me an ETA, otherwise I'll re-place the orders elsewhere. Maybe Target.

Clay_E

Second Unit
My pre-orders for THE ABYSS and TRUE LIES shipped on-time, but the one for ALIENS got screwed up in the shipping process (because of course it did) and had to be canceled....and now ALIENS is out of stock at Amazon, Walmart and DeepDiscount, and neither Target nor Barnes & Noble even appear to carry it. Does anyone out there have any suggestions of somewhere else to find it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.