What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…
The Features
full

– Kindergarten Cop – 1990
full

– Blood and Lace – 1971
full

– Justice League: Crisis of Infinite Earths – 2024

The Prices
full

Click on the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!
Any clickable link on a title listed below will take you to our own HTF review!

4k/UHD
Amazon
BestBuy
BullMoose
DeepDiscount
Target

Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part One (4K/UHD) (SDS)...

Continue reading...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
This is some slim pickings this week.

I hope things pick up soon.

And Best Buy and Bull Moose both went oh-fer this week. Don’tknow what THAT’S all about. 🤷

Meanwhile, I hope there’s something for you this week. Let us know.

Safe shopping, RoundUppers! :D

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike! :) Nothing for me this week, though.

And Best Buy and Bull Moose both went oh-fer this week. Don’tknow what THAT’S all about. 🤷
I don't have any insider information or anything, so I could be wrong. I don't want anyone to take my speculation as fact.

The Holdovers was my first Blu-ray purchase of this year. Best Buy didn't bother to stock it even online. The forthcoming steelbooks of The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes and The Marvels are being rerouted to Walmart. Those would've almost certainly been Best Buy exclusives not too long ago. And of course we know they are exiting physical media for good this year.

I suspect we have reached the point where Best Buy is no longer ordering stock of any new releases. This had to happen sooner or later. They're probably just trying to get rid of their remaining inventory of existing discs at this point before calling it quits.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Best Buy's got post-January 23 releases listed on their site...but none for this week.

Their upcoming release list is shrinking quickly.

And this IS a shit week for new releases. So, I get it.

It's just disappointing to have two of our retailers come up shooting blanks.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Best Buy's got post-January 23 releases listed on their site...but none for this week.
I'm wrong then. I stand corrected.

I think I have purchased my last disc from Best Buy, unless they have some kind of crazy cheap clearance sale. before the end I'm not really looking to them for new releases anymore. But maybe that's just me.
It's just disappointing to have two of our retailers come up shooting blanks.
Understood.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Thanks, Mike! I imagine we won't see much of anything from Best Buy going forward until (or unless) they put up some Black Friday shippers in-store towards the end of the year. Dark days are upon us.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I know the last disc I purchased from Best Buy was a special limited edition exclusive steel book of The Limey. Which, I don't know how many of those they printed but it has been long gone off the shelves and sold out for a long time. I bought it in store, not ordered online, on October 11, 2022. I was stunned it was getting a release, even more stunned it was a Best Buy exclusive, and that it was both a 4K and a Blu combo. It vanished quickly and I believe the copy I purchased was the only one the store had.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I know the last disc I purchased from Best Buy was a special limited edition exclusive steel book of The Limey. Which, I don't know how many of those they printed but it has been long gone off the shelves and sold out for a long time. I bought it in store, not ordered online, on October 11, 2022. I was stunned it was getting a release, even more stunned it was a Best Buy exclusive, and that it was both a 4K and a Blu combo. It vanished quickly and I believe the copy I purchased was the only one the store had.
It is indeed a very nice release, and the film looks fantastic in 4K.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
It is indeed a very nice release, and the film looks fantastic in 4K.

I think it is the only 4K and Blu release the film has had, certainly in North America, but maybe anywhere. I love the picture. I recall thinking the day I bought it, "This could be the last time I buy physical media here." because they had shrunk that section down to almost nothing. Turned out, that was it. Copies of this release are available on Ebay, running around $75.00 for anybody interested. I kind of would guess that someone else, Arrow maybe, will put it out.

I'm still hoping for a release of Soderbergh's Kafka. Love that film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks