What's new

Ultimate Star Trek: TOS Cases (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Jeff,

Not a bad idea but...would the 18 be the 18th episode that season or overall?

Like would Turnabout Intruder (which was the last episode) say 3.79 or 3.24 ??

-Ric

Jeff Bannow

Agent
Hmmm ... well, I think that the x-files cases went that way where 2.18 would be the 18th episode of season 2, but you could also make it episode 18, which resides in season 2 (just put the season number in front of the episode). As long as we know what it means, it's all good. :)
- Jeff

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
I got these puppies printed off the laser at work and inserted in my cases. DAMN they look awesome!!!!

I cant wait for #7!!!

GREAT WORK!

Dylan

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hey Dylan...
You've already got them on your cases? They're not even high res yet! Do they fit the cases ok? I haven't got mine yet and I have been anxious to see if I got the width of the spine right, and if they line up correctly. I think there is about a 1/4 inch save area around them that you have to cut off.
#7 should be up within an hour...Hope you like it.
WARNING! NO FULL CAST SHOT :frowning: It wasn't working for me.
-Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OK this one was a bear for some reason... Hope you like it.
1012364958713_ST_DVD_7ws.jpg
1012364959062_ST_DVD_7w.jpg

It would have been nice if I could have gotten all of the spines to blend together, maybe to form one picture, but that also probably would have restricted what I could do with the covers. Maybe I'll give it another shot several months down the road. But don't count on it! As they are, I think they're a pretty good assortment and they probably turned out better than I thought they would when I began this!
Live Long and Prosper,
Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ric Volume 7 is quite Nice, Simple but to a point. Being the last Volume do you have something special planned for #8?

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
Ric,

you mentioned earlier a website to host the hi-rez versions...what kind of time frame do you expect those to be up in?

awesome job by the way, you motivated me to finish out my collection.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hey Robert!
I expect to be finished with my tweaking in a few days...I'm kinda waitin fer my cases to arrive so I can see how they're workin out. After that I will contact Matt DeVillier over at DVD Cover Art and ask him how he wants me to send them to him. I would suspect a week or less.
-Ric

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Those spines look great the way they are. I still find it hard to believe someone can actually do what you have done on a PC. Those covers look as good or better than you could get from a studio.

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Well, I didn't purchase any TOS on DVD. I just couldn't afford all 40 discs, and was fearful that if I bought one, I'd have to get the rest. :D (Thank god TNG is coming out in seasons. In Canada, each TOS disc is about 15-20 bucks. 40 disks later is a LOT of bread!!!)
That being said, your covers make me wish I *had* bought 'em all Ric. They look fantastic!!! (I may just download 'em and archive 'em in case I *do* eventually go after all the TOS discs.)
Keep up the great work!!! :D :D :D

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
The UPS guy finally showed up today and no DVD Cases! Grrrr, Arrgghh! I can't wait for them to get here so I can see if these babies are gonna fit properly!

-Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
After all your har work not to be able to see the fruits of your labor , well it's just aggravating. But hold on hopefully they'll show soon. When you finally do get them let us know how long it took from order to receipt. I'm going to order some soon.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hey Guys!
The cases came today. I printed up two Hi-rez babies and the look pretty good! I should have all the hi rezes done this weekend and hopefully get them on DVD Cover Art right away. While I was waiting for the cases, I started playing around with another design for Volume 8. Please let me know which you like best. The first one uses the same background as volume 1, except tinted blue. The new version has the Starfleet insignia behind the ship.
1012285059336_ST_DVD_8ws.jpg
1012621250840_ST_DVD_8_bws.jpg

Volume 8 Style A
Volume 8 Style B
Thanks guys!
Ric

Scott Dill

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't decided to convert to these 5 disc cases yet, but I do want to say that you have really done a good job on these things.

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
I haven't bought the 5 disc cases yet, but could someone give me an idea of how much space I would save, compared to the entire 40 case run of TOS? like fitting the entire run in the space of 24 cases (or whatever)?

Blu

Screenwriter
Ric, You are probably singly handedly responsible for TOS sales going up. I am now considering getting the entire TOS just so I can order the cases and get your covers!

Thankfully you haven't done Twilight Zone!!!!! LOL!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks