What's new

Ultimate Star Trek: TOS Cases (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Hey Rick you give Kirk almost a "Christ Like" appearance with that light behind his head !

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I thought that too, apologies to J.C. Is it a little too much? I've got a few other backgrounds but I thought this one might show the source of the light behind him.

-Ric

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
If anyone want it I scanned and resized the Buffy Season One cover. It is for the Amaray SLIM triple DVD case. The same case used for M*A*S*H complete season one TV series.
It is NOT for the regular Amaray 3 disc case. The regular 3-disc case is the same width as an Amaray 4-disc case or the one used for Planet of the Apes complete TV series.
You can find the cases by clicking on the inetdvd link below. The picture dimensions should be 11.8 X 7.527 when you print it.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Here's
1012168330742_ST_DVD_3w.jpg

0ops, just noticed CATSPAW is not indented as much as the other episodes! Now that is a distraction. Guess I'm gettin tired! I'll fix it on the final go around.
-Ric

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Looking good, only 4 to go.

Don't forget

Scotty

Sulu

Chekov

Nurse Chapel

and maybe if you can find her Yeoman Janice Rand

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
Those are fantastic covers! Add me to the list of people who can't wait to see the completed covers!

Neil

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Janice Rand? She would'a had to been in one of the first 3 since she left the series before the end of season 1, but I can live without her! And Nurse Chapel? I dunno, we'll see! How bout the back cover?

-Ric

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Good point. I will agree skip Rand. Chapel on the back? Not crazy about the idea but the way I look at it is you are making the covers... do it the way you want. :)

Philip Verdieck

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Philip Verdieck
Awesome work.

For the seasons, my two cents is:

Don't bother changing the colors, what you're doing is great, as is. The season belongs on the spine! Put it at the bottome, underneath the StarFleet insignia!

Jimmy M

Second Unit
Frank,

I'd love the Buffy cover!

As for the Trek covers, I agree with Rand not being included, as she was a very minor character. Chapel would be OK, provided the image didn't look forced. :)

Jimmy!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Oops, I might have forced Chapel! I just happened to find a shot of her and McCoy Standing next to each other...So I thought I would go ahead and use it. If it's too much let me know.
1012191147921_ST_DVD_5ws.jpg
1012191146106_ST_DVD_6ws.jpg

ST TOS VOL 5
ST TOS VOL 6
I also decided to do away with the color coding for the episodes. On Volume 6 the first 5 episodes were yellow and the last 5 were blue, and it looked awful! So it's back to white for all of them.
As for putting the season on the bottom of the spine... I don't know. Volume 2 would have to say season 1 & 2 even though there is only one episode from season 2 on there. Volume 6 would be half anf half... Is it really important to you folks to have the seasons on the covers? I would bet that all of you already know what episodes are at the beginning of each season.
Anyway, please keep your suggestions coming.
And Matt, I am honored that you would want to feature them on your site. Thanks!
-Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I Like the Scotty Cover, and I like Kirk and Spock on the back covers, Nice.I Kinda disagree with chapel thou, I would'nt put her on the Front Cover. Let's face it there'll be only 8 Volumes of these covers. Unlike the 40 of the original that's not enough cover to put anything but the major players on the cover.

Btw I'd love to see what you could do with Space 1999

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Geez, I just realized McCoy is featured on 3 of the front covers, Spock only on two! I guess the Vulcan will be featured on the next one, and for the final volume (number 8) I am gonna try to do a whole cast shot.

So what's the verdict with the Chapel and McCoy cover anyway? Does it have to go, or should I shrink it down and stick Kirk or Spock in there too? I kinda like that these two covers kind of take care of the rest of the cast. As for Janice Rand. she's on Volume 3 just under Kirk's belt line. I had to fade the shot out...sorry! Don't know how soon the rest will be done, the weekend's over and it's back to the grind!

As for Space 1999... Sorry, after this I am retiring for awhile!

Later,

Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ric, you're doing anexcellent job, onethat we all appreciate. On Printing these, tose of you that use Kinko's or Staples, do you go in and ask for these to be printed and how do you go about it, what type paper,etc

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I doubt my opinion will be popular. I like Chapel and McCoy together. I am not crazy about having Spock and Kirk on the back cover. I did not care for the back of cover 3 because it showed the quardian. On the back of these covers I prefer different shots of the Enterprise. However, that's just my opinion. You really are doing a great job.

Dylan Davis

Stunt Coordinator
Looks great!

I cant wait for the last 2. They make the ones I threw together look like kindergarden fodder.

Dylan

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Do any of the rest of you object to "The City on the Edge of Forever" shot on the back of Vol 3? I can probably find a new Enterprise shot. As for the faces on the back covers...I really like 'em! I realize that their different than the other ones, obviously I have been experimenting around a little bit. And the ships are still in there! Is it really important to have all of the back covers exactly the same format...for example, pix of the Enterprise? I have been re-using those Enterprise shots because I have not been able to find many good quality ones. I may have one or two others that I can doctor up though.

As far as continuity goes, hopefully they will all look good when they're on the shelf with just the spines showing. I hope the different colors going thru the spines is not too distracting.

Instead of a whole cast shot on the last one, I have been thinking of just a shot of the Enterprise. To me, that was always one of the biggest stars of the show!

As always your comments are welcome, but I have come to realize that I will not be able to please everyone 100%! At least I feel they are an improvement over just scanning some of the official covers.

-Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks