What's new

Ultimate Star Trek: TOS Cases (1 Viewer)

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Ric, I just thought I'd post and let you know that these covers are gorgeous. Like a lot of people here, I've never really liked the original covers by Paramount.
Excellent job. :)
Norm

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ric:
I think what you have done is fantastic. I look forward to having all of my collection in your new cover art for the seasons.
The only thing that I can suggest is that you put the following disclaimer at the bottom, on the back as the bottom line, of each cover art too.

Star Trek TM and related marks are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. TM, ® & Copyright © 2001 by Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved.

Parker

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Wow Ric - a truly beautiful job!

I haven't bought any of the TOS dics yet as I'm waiting until they are released as season sets. I know it hasn't been announced or anything but I still believe Paramount will do so eventually.

You have set quite a high bar - interesting to see how Paramount's other ST releases match up to yours.

Again Kudos!

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
small1.jpg
small2.jpg

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Mark,

All it is, is a cheap wooden book end with a logo stuck on it. I believe the logo came from a computer software box many years ago.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wow! I had been skipping this thread, because I'm one of those who tend to stick with the cover art the DVD came with, warts and all. Maybe if I had better availability to color printing without going to the hassles of Kinko's (and both locations near me are on the :thumbsdown: side of things), then I'd feel differently.
Anyway, on the suggestion of fellow worker and fellow HTFer Randy Duncan I took a look at this thread....
...[rant]AWESOME[/rant] covers, dude! They are spectacular!
If you are NOT a graphic artist, and you're not happy in your current career, you should consider changing jobs! I'm serious!
This is excellent work, and the studios should take heed. I'm not exactly UNhappy with the covers Paramount gave us, as they well represent each of the two episodes on the discs in their sold-at-retail cases.
If I ever upgrade to the multi-disc cases, though...well, I'm downloading your covers just-in-case! :b
Again: GREAT JOB! Awesome work!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
LOL frank. Your shelf looks exactly like mine except the planet of the apes season. Otherwise i have that DS9 ornament and those spidey things. too funny

Capt

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
While I did not purchase TOS, I find this work to be amazing!!

Great freaking job Ric!

I would give my left leg (or at least my wives), for something similar for Farscape!!

Andy

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Hi Guys!

Thanks for keepin' the old thread alive... (I think)

And thanks to the new folks who left kind comments.

The problem with Farscape is...

I love the Cover Art! If I did make sleeves for them I would just end up copying some of the existing covers, and redoing the spine and back. It would be tough choosing which covers to use. All it would take to cover a season would be two sleeves. (22 episodes = one 6 disc case and one 5 disc case)

The spines on the 5's and sixes are of a different widths I believe, so I would have to make two different kinds...They probably wouldn't look as good...

Perhaps I will revisit this idea, when there are at least 2 seasons of the show out and space starts becoming an issue.

As I've said though, I really like the artwork they are already using... so anything I did would pretty much be a blatant rip-off...and I'm sure not as nice as the originals.

-Ric

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Ric,

I know exactly what you mean... they do have great covers. But I can point out another variation in counting. These are all the same width...4 + 4 + 3 (of course the 3 case would have to be the standard one and not the slim one like M*A*S*H one).

On the down side for those wishing to save space this only saves the room of 3 singles. The 5 + 6 would save the room of 5 tightly packed singles.

Andy_B

Stunt Coordinator
We should also note that the rumor is that Farscape Season Two will be coming out in smaller box sets instead of individual discs.

I still would love to get the 11 season one cases down to something smaller.

Andy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Yuh know....

I just popped in this thread by accident.

Holy smokes! Does that artwork look great!

I am almost tempted to buy the 5-disc cases

and get some nice photo paper to print those

hi-res covers.

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
I've not only tempted, I was converted.

These are great! Right now these are the only DVD covers I'm tempted to change. I had to build a DVD rack to hold all my DVD's and the length the TOS set takes up in it's original form, is still too much.

Many many thanks.

Bryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks