What's new

Ultimate Star Trek: TOS Cases (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Ric,
All I have to say is these totally kick ass. I think they look great and makes me want to go out and but the rest of the DVDs I don't have (which is quite a few).
Once these are done I am definitely going to print these out and work on my collection. I think these look excellent and I wish I had the skills to do this myself.
Thanks for all the hard work!!!
Greg
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Jimmy M

Second Unit
I do not object to the Guardian on the back cover, and Chapel and McCoy look great.
I don't need season notations, seeing as there isn't an easy way to do it, unless we put one of the already made inside inserts from one of the discs.
And if you put the Enterprise on the front of the last one, I'm sure it will look great!
Now if only you could get all the spines to gradiate from one color to the next when they are put together... :D
Jimmy!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah good luck with that idea Jimmy! I was thinking about it myself...but way too difficult at my current level of expertise. I always liked my collection of Star Trek movies 1 - 6 on (gulp) VHS. When you put them all together, the spines formed an image of the Enterprise!

-Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
When you bring those to Kinko's to print what guidelines do you have to tell them to get them printed correctly, Also use what kind of paper?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

I am also interested in how you go about printing these things up at Kinkos. I went in there a few years ago to have them print up some Babylon 5 VHS sleeves I made up and they told me they couldn't deal with copyrighted material. However, I think you can do it all yourself at Kinko's if you can get to a computer terminal. I'm just not sure if you have to have yer stuff on floppys or if you can put them on a CD.

Maybe we should start a new thread for this subject, so the folks in the know can give us the scoop!

-Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ric I'd probably burn them on CD since they'll be rather large at the higher res.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
OK, took me all night but here is number 8. Let me know if you like it better with or without Spock. After all that extra work, I think I'm leaning toward "without" on this one. Looks a little crowded to me. Hey at least there are no typos on this one! I don't think there are anyway. One more to go, number 7!
1012285060629_ST_DVD_8_Spockws.jpg
1012285059336_ST_DVD_8ws.jpg

ST TOS VOL 8 With Spock
And without Spock
-Later, Ric

Travis D

Second Unit
You're right about going without spock on this one. Still, VERY nice. I love how the Enterprise is lit on the front.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
DAMN! They're nice.

I took my entire collection and put them into those Case Logic pleather binders you find at Best Buy. I think now I'm going to proudly display them with those 5-disc cases. Can't wait to see the other covers!

If I were to select 4A or 4B, I'd select 4A. Uhura looks out of place floating there.

[EDIT - just found page two of this thread]

DON'T touch the "City.." shot on the back cover! That's awesome! I think a shot of the Enterprise on each cover might get tired. I really like the shot of the Guardian.

For volume 8 - without Spock.

This reminds me of the covers of the novels that were published for different groups of episodes. THOSE were some SWEET covers.

Mike

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I think Spock has to go from the back of Volume 8.

I think Uhura is gonna stay on Volume 4. My reasoning is that I gotta get her in there somewhere, and besides...it looks to me like that is who Kirk is contacting via his communicator. #7 will have to feature Spock on it, since I can't have McCoy on more covers than that green-blooded Vulcan! It will probably be Kirk and Spock, since there are no covers with just one face. I kinda like Spock giving the "Live Long and Prosper" salute. But I don't have one with Kirk in the same shot, so I will probably have to doctor one up. Anyway, that's where I'm at right now...

Keep giving me your thoughts!

Ric

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ric as you do covers for the various seasons can the pictures of the characters be from the seasons themself. Kirk , Spock et all look different in the 3rd season from the first. Kirk or Shatner added a bit of girth so the cover pic should reflect this. I like the idea of a group bridge shot somewhere down the line.

Keep up the good work

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I have been trying to be kind of season specific. As you can see Volume 4, which is the first package that is all the second season, features Kirk wearing his wrap-around shirt that he wore alot in that 2nd season. Kirk hasn't appeared since (on the front anyway) Though for number seven I will try to show the girthier Kirk with Spock. Unless I use the whole cast shot I have been saving...(I think that may also be from the 3rd season) but it's a wide shot of the group and may not fit well on the front. The characters may be too small. Maybe Kirk and Spock on the front, and the cast on the back... I dunno, I will have to do some experimenting around tonight. Who woulda thought I would end up with more pix than I could use! I should of designed 10 cases for 4 DVDs each! (just kidding!)

-Ric

Jeff Bannow

Agent
A thought on seasons ... if you don't want to put season banners on then how about listing it in the episode number on the back.

i.e. 2.18 would indicate season 2, episode 18. I think I saw this on some x-files cases and it seems like a good way to do it.

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks