What's new

Tumult reviews (1 Viewer)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Kinda funny how the ultimate driver idea started here and Dan was constantly on but now with everyone wondering what is going on Dan has on the board for awhile. As for as adolescent whining. Sorry you feel that way Brian B., it is not. We are all adults on this forum and no one is acting like an adolescent. We are voicing our thoughts and feelings to a situation that has not been handled very well by adire. This is the first time in this ordeal I have spoken up on the board. They are just doing bad business, plain and simple. And as everyone has pointed out, it is not the fact that there were problems and road blocks, I can accept that and have. It is the constant excuses, no follow through, and being kept in the dark that is leaving me with ill feeling towards adire. In our situation with adire, how sad to get a tracking # dated 3/20 with delivery by 3/25 and now 4/16 with nothing in sight! With no accurate update or reason! Just another excuse that does not make sense, since we were told there were being shipped directly from the build house but now there are going back to adire? Come on! Enough is enough. At least come out with the truth of what is happening and keep us informed. I don't care if they said hey were screwed up, there was a defect in the design, have to redo everything and it will be another two months. Fine, thank you very much for letting me know. But when I email the dealer (a week or so ago), and he doesn't even really know what is going on and is waitng to hear from dan on what the up hold up is now, then that is said. Had Dan remained on this board and kept us informed with weekly or bi weekly like he was doing then that would have been fine. Hey sh** happens, I understand but keep us informed. There has been no new real solid news of what is happening for about three weeks. I feel bad for the dealers who have to hear it from there customers everday and the emails they get each week, asking where my driver is with nothing to tell them. That is why I have only emailed them once to see what is happening. I am sure once my tumult is delivered I will be happy with it. But this entire ordeal has me thinking twice about dealing with adire products again, where as before, when I first ordered my tumult I had no problem ordering or recommending them. I am normally a very laid back person and not one of those people who constantly complain or are never satisfied. But, when you have a customer like me upset, then your definitely doing something wrong. I have spoken my peace and given my .02$. I feel justified in my complaints and abviously so do others. If Brian B., you wish to discuss this situation further please feel free to email me, but please don't refer to us as whining adolescents. Thanks for listening (reading).

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I've had mine since the beginning of January just by fluke. I wouldn't be happy if I was still waiting for it though. That said, I have bought a couple of almost every sub Adire has made and would still recommend them to anyone. I do think that a little correct information and regular updates go a long way.

Craig

I kinda think that we need some more cheese.

When I pre-ordered my Tumults, I did so with the assumption that I would get them when they arrived on my porch. Not before. Not after. I did not contact the seller or Adire. I simply watched the UPS page every day until I saw them actually scanned. Then I waited another week for them to ship. And now they are sitting in my bedroom with some Stryke PR's waiting for a box.

I am sure that Dan means what he says, but I also know how easy it is for problems to pop up at the last minute. That is the real world. Would you rather Dan have told you "Well, I just don't know, man. Maybe in June, or July, or even later." He is doing what he can. Get over it.

If you don't want them, don't buy them. Period. Especially by pre-order. How can one complain about his own actions?

As for a valuable review, whadaya think? Everyone here has a 4 year degree in EE with a background in acoustics? Or do you want the review that you read in just about every audio mag (the soundstage was wider and more defined, the highs were crisper, the lows had more punch, and all from a $1000 set of RCA cables!) They will come. Be patient.

I have been listening to the Tempest for over a year now and have only heard distortion when watching Star Wars (both of them). The box is rather large but it sounds great. I am missing -11dB between 40 and 60 Hz, and need to fix this before I give a review on either the Tempest or Tumult (which will have the same problem).

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Notice a trend here? If not let me point it out for you.

The people with their Tumults call the people who don't have Tumults whiners if they dare to complain about all the lies.

Interesting how that works isn't it. :thumbsdown:

Seth

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Well Craig, if that was your assumption good for you. Must other people who do business usually expect to have products delivered within the specified time frame or shortly after due to delays. I think we have been more than patient considering that they should have started shipping 8 weeks after the pre-ordr stopped. But we understand the dock strike, bad voice coils and other delays, but our patients went out the window once all the stories within the past three weeks people were getting from adire were not adding up. And still noone really knows what is going on. I would love for Dan to come to the board and post. Hell put me in my place, what ever. Just give us the truth on the situation and don't leave us hanging in the dark. We desrve that at least, even if he was to say it will be another month. I am sorry if you do not feel like we are justified for complaining I feel we do. I do not care if this is a preoder or not, the way this has been handled lately is just poor. And FYI I waited til now to speak up especially since this was a preorder. If someone has accurate information please post.

DavidFun

Agent
I have been trying as hard as I can not to whine. It's hard not to let it leak out every now and then when you are so excited to get a kick a** product like the tumult, and it gets put off for months. I can't ever remember being this excited about a project. This is my first DIY, and my beautiful 100 lb. enclosure is sitting in my living room staring longingly back at me for a 60 lb. addition.

The reason people are so upset is cause they are excited. They probably go to their computers everyday expecting to see an email that says their sub is on the way. Then, they get the email, and the excitement kicks in overdrive. It's hard not to let that excitement turn to frustration, anger, or whining when another month passes with no driver. It does suck. I don't blame or point fingers, I just want the beast I ordered so I can piss of the neighbors.

P.S.

After all these posts, still no real reviews????? Just a few people with tumults telling those without to shut up.

Funny

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Dave,

The last update quoted from Dan last Thursday (4/10) was
He shipped out all he had built up, and they are building up the last few of our order (including the extras). He'll get them off to us on Friday, and will ship more out direct today.
I hope this helps you cause it didn't help me.

Seth

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
The people with their Tumults call the people who don't have Tumults whiners if they dare to complain about all the lies.
Well, just for the record, I don't have a Tumult either at the moment. Although, I did have two. One had a cracked frame and the other one I fried. I've had my tracking number for the third one as long as everyone else.

BTW, I spoke with Chris Brunhaver at Adire via phone today. He was very up front with me and told me that he could not give me a definite time on when my third Tumult would be ready or when my two waiting to be reconed would be ready. But he did say he would check with Dan and get back with me. I also mentioned to him that either he or Dan should stop in this thread and address some of the issues brought up here.

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
My take on the situation from someone who does not have a Tumult, does not have one on order, and does not plan on getting one.

I also thought Seth_L's earlier post a few weeks/months ago were kinda' whinny and childish. No offense, I just took your earlier post that way.

BUT I also feel he or whoever else that has not received their Tumults by now, IS justified in whining a little. I know I would be a bit peeved at this point in the game if I would have pre-ordered one way back when and received the same run around of "the check's in the mail..." Now on the other hand, I would be happy to continue waiting if they would have told me "Man, sorry, we have no idea when the manufacture will have all the drivers ready. They have us by the balls. We just don't want to send out any kick-@ss specialty drivers like this before their ready. You WILL be impressed when you finally get it. Again, we're truly sorry."

Ronnie

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the update Brian and letting adire know of this thread. It would be nice if they did drop in and give us an official response. Let us know what they tell you.

Ronnie- That is about all I want. I don't care if it takes another month to get it right if they found a problem or if they are still having trouble with production. Just be a straight shooter. The truth never hurts. As a matter of fact, I believe in the long run people will be more understanding knowing the truth than having smoke blown up there you know what to make them happy only come up empty. It just troublesome when different people talk to adire and we each get a different story to what is happening all within a couple of days of each other. I would have been happy with an official response placed on there website or given an official response to there dealers to pass along to there customers. Especially when the shipping labels were sent out and weeks later nothing. Seriously I really do not think we are asking for much. How long does it take to write up an official response and placed it on the web site or post it here on the forum. This way everyone is on the same page and everyone knows what to expect.

A

Anthony_Gomez

all I got to say is...click on my Everest link.

many many not get the joke....but the ones that do ...:D

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
Joeseph,

If you don't think SVS has been in similar situations ... think again. Anybody care to recall the unpleasantness that resulted from SVS's introductory pricing and pricing claims for the PCi vs the summer sale pricing. I remember quite a few few folks felt they were duped into buying a PCi at a higher price. Their products are great (love my 25-31PC) but the company isn't completely blameless or perfect.

Besides, SVS doesn't do business in the DIY realm so they're not a viable alternative.

I've had excellent to outstanding customer service from Parts Express. But their highest excursion driver is "only" 38mm peak-to-peak.

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry Ryan, but i don't think anyone has accused SVS of outright lying to its customers about any of their products
as far as availability goes.

IMO an SVS ultra is a pretty good alternative to DIY tumult
with passive radiators as far as cost is concerned.And you can't deny the prodigious amounts of CLEAN,QUALITY bass that an ultra can be expected to produce.

I'm still waiting to hear some reviews of the sound QUALITY
of a tumult sub,nobody seems to be posting about this ,
so it leaves me to wonder if it's all it's supposed to be.

I've been following these tumult threads for about a month and a half now because i have been interested in maybe building a tumult sub just to see if it could outperform my 16-46cs+.But so far i havn't found any info that would make me want to buy from ADIRE, only info to the contrary as far as the tumult driver is concerned.I hope this changes.
But hey, i'm just a potential customer, what do i know, right?

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
hey craig, have you posted any kind of review of your tumult sub? if so where can i find the post?
i'm looking to find out info like output at 16-20hz
and sound quality of a tumult, like is it boomy or tight and accurate?
some people like boomy bass, i don't.
also maybe how much the completed unit was,(materials,driver,pr's).
thanx in advance for any info you could provide.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks