What's new

Tumult reviews (1 Viewer)

Seth_L

Screenwriter
DanW,

See my earlier post. Dan is simply exploiting market conditions. He has your money and you're not going anywhere else, so he can take his sweet time.

Seth

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Man Oh Man, what did I start
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
The 350 butt kicking is funny though. Oh yeah still no tumult update nor has it been shipped as of today:frowning:

A

Anthony_Gomez

Of course my dealer (kyle) will email me the moment he has tracking numbers. I am sure he wants to be rid of this nightmare as well. But Kyle has to just twiddle his thumbs because he has been given no tracking numbers :frowning:

Sorry Kyle...sucks for you. Hope you don't have too many people call you about the Tumults. I know you have no control over it, so my calls go to Adire as Destijl.

A

Anthony_Gomez

Dan Wiggins,

I know the following with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY:
1) you have known about this thread since April 16th.
2) you posted at AV forum on April 19th.
3) you had enough time to make 3 posts there.
4) you had the ability and time to post here, but you chose NOT to.

#4 should not be on this list. Why is it?

SteveLindsay

Auditioning
Still no word. Someone is logged in as Dan Wiggins on Carsound.com at this moment(19:30PDT 4-21-03). I always thought that car audio payed the bills but DIY and high-end retained their credibility. I don't know what to think anymore. The majority of what is being asked in this thread is not unreasonable.

DanWiggins

Second Unit
Hi all,

Yes, it has been slower than expected. Each time we have announced some Tumults were shipping, some did. Did all of them? Nope. I've had the build house hand-check every single voice coil for exacting tolerances to keep the BL as flat and extended as possible.

Part of the problem comes from trying to keep end stacks square on the voice coil windings. Automated winders don't do a real good job of square ends, which means each voice coil that is produced needs to be individually inspected.

We are shipping them out as quickly as possible. Am I disappointed they are not all out yet? Yes. I was hoping to have them done quicker than this. However, they are shipping. I know a few extra months is a PITA, and I wish I could avoid it. The fact is, we're working on it as quickly as we can, and everyone involved in the building of these beasts is aware of the time delay.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

A

Anthony_Gomez

Dan, perhaps you can fill us in with this. I think it will help us with some estimations.

How many tumults have been ordered.
How many have shipped.
On AVERAGE, how many tumults will ship during a week from this point forth (assuming no other technical problems)

Thanks

SteveLindsay

Auditioning
Thanks for the update. Would it be possible to give an estimate of how long it will be until current orders are satisfied. The impression I got was it is not first-in/first-out, but a random shipping order. It would be nice to know if X Tumults are shipping per day and there are Y orders in the queue that there is some idea of date for total pre-order fulfilment. Exact numbers are none of my business, but a revised ball park date assuming I am last in the queue would be nice.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Well boys, time for the Texan to chime in. I corresponded with Dan back during the Tempest development, and we traded some posts during the Tumult deveopment. I wanted the best bang-for-the-buck driver on earth - a real engineering challenge, and a few friends here gave me a good-natured hard time about my frugality. Dan promised me such a driver some day and I'm not impatient. You boys will get your Tumults, and be glad that you're dealing with a company pres of the ethical likes of Dan. I was trolling the CES high end hotel with Mike Knapp and met Dan and a couple of his staff guys and they are as stand-up guys as I had imagined. So...wait for your spot-on specs Tumults, and I'll wait for my best woof-for-the-buck sub driver from Dan. All in due time, boys, all in due time. ;)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hank,

I've given you a lot of grief in the past for being an old man, but not this time. This time I'm going to commend you for setting an example on how to conduct yourself on these boards. It's very easy for someone to call someone else names and to threaten them from the safety of their little keyboards. Especially when you don't even use your real/full name.

I think ALL of us younger guys (yes, I'm including myself) could take a few pointers on etiquette from Hank. And he's just a cool ass dude on top of it, too! :)

DanW GSB

Auditioning
Thank you Dan! I was just trying to get your attention so you would respond here because I knew you were reading this topic. I hope no one took me seriously. I just wanted a response, and finally got one. As I said, they do seem like nice people. If Adire will just continue to keep us informed then I'm sure everyone will cool down and forgive Adire for what has happened. I already feel much better now that Dan has replied. Now if Dan could just answer Anthony's questions, that would be greatly appreciated.

Once again I'd like to apologize for some of the things I said. Like I said, it was just my way of getting a response.

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
My name is Brett DiMichele and I have this to say...

Brian... I Fart in your general direction! (Said with an
english accent) :D

Seriously though I can understand the frustration from the
people involved (on both sides). But yes we do have to
conduct ourselves a certain way.

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,
Finally an appearance from the man. Thank you for stopping in. I wish you would have given a little more information. What you gave was kind of vague. Please if possible answer anothony questions he has outlined. I understand you want to provide us with the best spec on product as possible, but you have to admit you and your staff have been lagging in keeping us informed on the latest happenings ( past 3-4 weeks to be precise )with the tumults. This has been the main source of our fustration, not the fact that my little bass shaker is still in the makings. I am very clear on the fact that I can wait longer if that means the product will be done right, but I would like to be kept informed. Also the fact that different people at adire have given out different information to various people still waiting for there drivers ( this maybe an issue you may want to bring up at your next staff meeting ). It really does make a company look bad when the people working there are not on the same page, and it makes your customers start to second guess the type of company they are dealing with. Again thank you for finally posting, and please keep us updated.

Dave

P.s. I hope you give your dealers like Kyle (:emoji_thumbsup: ) a great thank you for also having patience in this situation, as they are probably feeling the most heat from the customer base.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member

Brian, I think we have the makings of a new moniker for me. And, I am NOT old - I'll keep my proof to myself here. And seriously, thanks for the compliment.

Tony, if anyone here deserves harrassment, it is definitely Brian, the Jawja guy. As a matter of fact, I too fart in his general direction.:D Did you know that Bunge is a psuedonym? Brian is actually heir to the famous Bungee cord family fortune. He only makes speakers and cables as a hobby;)

Dontcha just love these highly technical discussions?

A

Anthony_Gomez

Tony, if anyone here deserves harrassment, it is definitely Brian, the Jawja guy. As a matter of fact, I too fart in his general direction.
...well....I am sure that doesn't make him smell any worse. perhaps it is like cologne to him!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks